Subject: Zombie Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been a little baffled lately with regards to the Zombie ability. Many posts seem to indicate that you can only use your Zombie ability once (to bring in your other Zombie), but the rules seem to indicate you can bring in other players' Zombies as well. As a result, I geekmailed the designer, and below is the convo that followed.
meskue wrote:
Broccoli wrote:
meskue wrote:
Broccoli wrote:
So is it correct that your Zombie can only ever be used once (to turn a zombie), or can you turn pieces into your opponents zombies?

thanks,
Broccoli

Hi Broccoli,

The Zombie can be used multiple times and you can turn pieces into your opponent's Zombies. It is usually most beneficial to bring in your own pieces, but if they are not available, it can be useful to bring in the Zombie pieces of the other player(s). It gets even more strategic when there are 3 or 4 players and you decide which player's piece to use.

The Zombie also has the option of deactivating an adjacent piece so even if all the Zombies are in play, they can still act in some way.

Thanks for asking!

Michael

Awesome. One more quick question. Assuming you've already brought your second zombie into play, can you CHOOSE to use the "deactivate" ability of your zombies, or is that only available once all zombies are in play?

thanks,
Bryan

It rarely gets used so I had to look it up. Technically, the "deactivate" ability can only be used if all the Zombies are already in play:

Zombie - The Zombie can infect
any adjacent tile (friend or foe). The
infected tile is removed from the Grid
and replaced with a Zombie tile (friend or foe)
that has not yet been added to the Grid. If all of
the Zombie tiles have already been added to the
Grid, the Zombie may choose one adjacent tile
and deactivate it (flip face down).

Hope that helps,

Michael

So based on his response, not only CAN you bring in other players' Zombies, you are, in fact, required to do so before you can use their alternate ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.