Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am kicking this off as a thread, if the traffic is high perhaps we might need to change to a geeklist to keep things organized?

So post here:

1 Advertising for new games or games in sign-up. Ideally explain why you modding the game, what is innovative (or similar) about the game.

2 Requests for replacements in your game, as people may not be looking at cassy (or have access during the day)

3 Point out interesting things happening in games. e.g. Hey look at the 5 simultaneous seer claims in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good has won 666 games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll start out. Court of the Faerie Queen is naturally a Faerie themed game.

As is common in a lot of my games, I don't like to see people die on D1 as it is random for them. There isn't enough information to hang someone D1, though the voting D1 is not random and can be analyzed in later days, the poor person who was selected D1 dies through no fault of their own.

So this game follows up on that. The only deaths are due to player actions, and in this case you vote to "banish" someone from the Faerie realm, rather than killing them.

I have taken most of the Faerie lore from Irish/Manx (with a bit of Scots) lore. I see the game as maneuvering around, trying to observe people doing things not in line with their character and also like a lot of my games figure out the puzzle of where the corruption points are coming from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorrin wrote:

2 Requests for replacements in your game, as people may not be looking at cassy (or have access during the day)

I am definitely a fan of this one. There are times I would be a replacement but I can't get cassie access so I don't really know who needs them.

This whole thing was a good idea Dcorrin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. I'll go with another.

The game Death of an Empire is actually based on a Convention Traveller game that a friend and I ran many years ago.

Basically it is a civil war in space. A strong and somewhat disliked Emperor has just died (been assassinated) and rebels are taking advantage of the resulting chaos to seize the capital. The defending ships have mixed and uncertain loyalty.
When we ran this at the convention (I think it was Pandamonium) we had three refs and two ships, each ship had to deal with the internal conflict while also worrying about what the other ship was planning. It was a great setting and full of FUD, so I thought that sounded like a perfect werewolf vehicle.

I have moved it to the Starfire universe instead of Traveller, as it is to serve as a precursor for some other games I have in mind in that universe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a replacement in Arkham Horror. The game is a werewolf adaption of the Arkham Horror boardgame and physics heavy.

My co-mod and I promise good flavour and a lot of bad things happening to you though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf is a neat game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamgar wrote:
I'm looking for a replacement in Arkham Horror. The game is a werewolf adaption of the Arkham Horror boardgame and physics heavy.

My co-mod and I promise good flavour and a lot of bad things happening to you though

Replacement found!

Thanks ZenMonkey11!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lasse Sumborg
Denmark
Odense M
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, I'd really love a few more people to sign up for my casual 21 player game :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LaSJ wrote:
Oh yeah, I'd really love a few more people to sign up for my casual 21 player game :/

So why not tell us about it? What is different about it? Why are you running it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright first of all, great idea dcorrin.

Now, I would definetely be pleased to have you all in my Werewolf Underground game. Unfortunately, there is not much I can say about it since it has a hidden roleset but I'll try to give you the basics. It's the first time I 'm experimenting with Physics so if you are a fan of that and wanna try it out it's a good game for you. Other than that, as in all my games, it's not going to be overly complicated (just a little *wink wink*), it's definetely going to be fun and introducing new, intriguing mechanics as always
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamgar wrote:

This spot has opened up again. Sorry to see Zen go, but if anyone would like to jump into a physicsy Arkham Horror WW game then we'd be happy to have you.

Advantages include playing martial arts expert Lily Chen and a one-on-two modchat with me and LippyJ.

First come, first serve! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for replacing dbmurph!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toughs and Brutals needs a rep!
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7450...

Only D2 and only one person down, so plenty of game left to be played.

4 PM dusk, 5 pm dawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
You can certainly try.
mbmbmb
I have been receiving quite a few personal invites for mods wanting to fill their games, enough to where it is hard to get back to everyone.

I am pretty busy IRL right now and am not playing in any games for a little while.

It's not personal. I'm sure your game is awesome and I know you are awesome, all of you enthusiastic mods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a replacement in my SF Death of an Empire game.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/722860/death-of-an-empir...

Still in N0 for a hour...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorrin wrote:
I need a replacement in my SF Death of an Empire game.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/722860/death-of-an-empir...

Still in N0 for a hour...

So zenmonkey subbed in and then apparently panicked, as I only got N0 orders from him, we are in D2 and still need someone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it worked so well for DC, I'm going to try it too.

I've got two games in signup ATM.

Wolves and Warlocks is a pretty basic game, but with a few extra twists thrown in. Open setup, no tricks, just normal werewolf with hopefully a few interesting roles. Looking for 19 players. Not to complex, but not too basic either.

The Heroes of Millionland is a lot more complex, but hopefully a lot of fun too. It's based on Belash's famous superhero games, but you get to make your own hero and pick your own powers! Standard werewolf at the core (I hope) but with the added fun and chaos of powers for everyone, and maybe at last some control over the create-your-role games.

I'd love to get either or both of these filled... or hey, since I know some of you are looking forward to the sequel to Till We Have Faces, maybe I'll threaten not to run that until I get both of these finished. But seriously, sign up, I think both of these will be great. I'd love to have you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need one replacement for the Princess Fiver. Will probably be only today. Help poor David! The man has a fever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All hail Pete!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone isn't playing in Game 1500 and wants to, geekmail me. I may need a replacement or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey. I'm looking for a replacement for wathisname08 in Arkham Horror.

It's a werewolf adaption of the boardgame that utilises physics heavily. Fans of the boardgame should enjoy!

The game is about 2/3 of the way through now, and is running on 24 hr day night phases, so would require a low level of time commitment daily, but will likely run for 2 more weeks or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
I desperately wish I could, but I'm already in Game 1500 and moderating Texas WW... if Texas WW ends and you still need a replacement, I'll be around. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
If anyone isn't playing in Game 1500 and wants to, geekmail me. I may need a replacement or two.

One replacement spot available right now, a couple of possible spots coming up later. I'll be filling in with recycled villagers if no new players want in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
Since it worked so well for DC, I'm going to try it too.

I've got two games in signup ATM.

Wolves and Warlocks is a pretty basic game, but with a few extra twists thrown in. Open setup, no tricks, just normal werewolf with hopefully a few interesting roles. Looking for 19 players. Not to complex, but not too basic either.

The Heroes of Millionland is a lot more complex, but hopefully a lot of fun too. It's based on Belash's famous superhero games, but you get to make your own hero and pick your own powers! Standard werewolf at the core (I hope) but with the added fun and chaos of powers for everyone, and maybe at last some control over the create-your-role games.

I'd love to get either or both of these filled... or hey, since I know some of you are looking forward to the sequel to Till We Have Faces, maybe I'll threaten not to run that until I get both of these finished. But seriously, sign up, I think both of these will be great. I'd love to have you.

Looking for one more for Heroes of Millionland. The actual game won't start until after 1500 in all likelihood, but I'd like to assign roles so power selection can begin, because who knows how long that will take.

Also, more are always welcome for Wolves and Warlocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [188] |