Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where the original post is but I sent this question off about 6 months ago and finally got a reply. I'm adding it here and to the uFAQ.

Quote:
Hey Tim,

We had a weird situation last time we played. The Admiral selected Mining Asteroid. We then realized that the person looking through the crisis deck could view all buried crisis cards. Who gets to do this? The Admiral or the Current Player? Also this seems to be against the spirit of the game. Was this intended?

Thanks!

Justin S. Chavez

Quote:
Hi Justin,

Thanks for the question and sorry for the delay in response. When the Mining Asteroid Destination card is drawn, the current player should look through the discard pile first and then the Crisis deck. Hope this helps!

Tim Uren
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummmm that didn't really answer the question? Did Tim think "buried" meant "discarded" instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Current player gets to look at the Crisis deck, which includes the buried Crisis cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure but at least we know the current player looks.

Quote:
Search the Crisis deck or discard pile for the "Scar" card and immediately resolve it. Then shuffle the Crisis deck.

So with the added info. You first search the discard deck and then the Crisis deck. If you find "Scar" in the discard deck you immediately play it and then shuffle the Crisis deck before you can search it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Ummmm that didn't really answer the question? Did Tim think "buried" meant "discarded" instead?
Somebody, set these designers up with a Skype or IM account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since you're going to have to do it anyway afterwards, I'd say the current player should shuffle the crisis deck before looking through it.

That's the most obvious solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
This seems fairly straightforward to me. It was never the intent of the card to allow someone to go look at all the buried crises. Either get a player you can trust not to use the information to his advantage to go searching through the deck or have the player shuffle it in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.