Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a bone headed move to avoid or at least be aware of. I decided to use a “spare” air radius to ID a block coming out of Murmansk. Since it was early in the game I had a good idea of what it was anyway but I couldn’t resist. The enemy block had moved into a hex with one of my dummy blocks. So I do a search and sure enough find the enemy force using the “air” row of the card. All well and good till my worthy opponent points out I should be using the “both” row, which DOESN’T find his force. blush So at this point I have to elect to reveal my block is a dummy and hence the “air” row should be used or pretend I made a mistake in case I want to save the dummy block, but gain no ID. It was a surprise to find the “air” search row on the card was a success but the “both” search row a failure. I assume the entire deck is randomized such that the reverse is normally true and I just drew the wrong card.

I thought others might find this useful to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Remember, you only need to reveal your card when the result is a success. So in this case, if you'd recognized that the 'Both' result was a failure but 'Air' was a success, you had a choice. You could reveal your own block as a Dummy, remove it, and apply the Air line; or you could claim failure and discard the card without revealing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.