Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Good ideas to do with the fam, that's not football, during the superbowl? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I was curious about good things to do that might be sparsely populated during the superbowl? We tried the aquarium one year, it wasn't bad, but wasn't real great either.

Ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Movie theaters probably wouldn't be terribly crowded...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... Do have any hobbies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
Eat dinner out at a really popular restaurant that you would normally avoid on account of the crowds. The only times I've eaten at the Buca di Beppo in Seattle were during Superbowls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Find a list of acquaintances, where one of them is hosting a Superbowl party.

2) Figure out who's hosting, ignore him/her. Figure out who's attending, and their home addresses.

3) Teach the family all about felony breaking and entering.

4) Be sure to finish up before the game ends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drive up Pike's Peak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sunny days and breezy nights with no work in sight.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Family Talent Show !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play boardgames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dogzard wrote:
Play boardgames

Beat me to it!

How about the zoo? Pretty much anything will have many fewer people. Personally, I'd rather just stay at home and have a good time playing games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
I'd rather just stay at home and have a good time playing games.

Yeah, but you're a 95% introvert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
During the superbowl last year I went to the supermarket. It was a ghost town. I think anywhere you go will be great. BOWLING!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am taking my wife to see the Broadway play "Wicked". You are probably thinking, wow, how progressive. But see I bought them for xmas for my wife, and I was looking for the best seats, and for some silly reason, Sunday Feb. 5th came up with some great seats. SOLD.

A month later she tells me. "You do know this is on Superbowl Sunday right"..

Wat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I am taking my wife to see the Broadway play "Wicked". You are probably thinking, wow, how progressive. But see I bought them for xmas for my wife, and I was looking for the best seats, and for some silly reason, Sunday Feb. 5th came up with some great seats. SOLD.

A month later she tells me. "You do know this is on Superbowl Sunday right"..

Wat?

OMG, same thing here. I bought tickets for Ed, Shea and me for Shea's birthday because his high school band's marching show theme was Wicked. I got great seats with a UT staff discount way back before they were on sale to the public. We just realized a few weeks ago that it was Superbowl Sunday. We are in the Orchestra section row L. Where are you??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
SusanRoz wrote:
[q
OMG, same thing here. I bought tickets for Ed, Shea and me for Shea's birthday because his high school band's marching show theme was Wicked. I got great seats with a UT staff discount way back before they were on sale to the public. We just realized a few weeks ago that it was Superbowl Sunday. We are in the Orchestra section row L. Where are you??

I think Orchestra row U. See you there, Susan. And for some reason, finding dinner reservations was not a problem either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rishi wrote:
Movie theaters probably wouldn't be terribly crowded...

IIRC some movie theatres do good business on Super Sunday from all the "football widows" looking for something to do while their husbands watch football and crack up at insipid beer commercials.

In my case I have religious obligations on that Sunday and won't be able to watch the game (which I am interested in). I could DVR the thing, but what would be the point -- the recaps will be on cable for weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you could go to a soccer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
My wife's doing her yoga teacher training.. So I'll be looking after the kiddoes... And they /will/ be watching the superbowl whether they like it or not (they won't). Bah humbug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard orgies were a good idea ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be a good day to go to the zoo. Many animals are more active when the temperature is moderate to cool than during the summer, the traditional trip-to-the-zoo-with-the kids time frame. Let me check the local forecast. I may go if it isn't raining.

FORECAST: Mostly cloudy 53 degrees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to home improvement store to pick up a new water heater was pretty empty when mine started leaking a couple of years ago (located in my attic!) yeah and my team was playing shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I might head up to Indy, I hear there's a lot to do up there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:
amwiles wrote:
I'd rather just stay at home and have a good time playing games.

Yeah, but you're a 95% introvert.

You know, when I replied to this thread, I wasn't even thinking that Superbowl Sunday would even happen to me. It didn't even cross my mind that we could go to the museum or try to find something special to do. The Superbowl -- that happens to other people far away from me, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Might be a good day to go to the zoo. Many animals are more active when the temperature is moderate to cool than during the summer, the traditional trip-to-the-zoo-with-the kids time frame. Let me check the local forecast. I may go if it isn't raining.

FORECAST: Mostly cloudy 53 degrees.

Do bears who are confined to the zoo still hibernate in the winter (assuming that is the normal wild behavior of those particular species)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Do bears who are confined to the zoo still hibernate in the winter (assuming that is the normal wild behavior of those particular species)?

Funny you should ask. I had dinner with my cultural companion on Friday and I mentioned the zoo. There is a new polar bear area neither of us has seen, so we decided that we would go today. It's supposed to be 50 degrees and partly sunny by 1 PM. I'll check on the other bears as well.

Although I've read that the big cats are more active in cooler weather, I don't expect them to be bouncing around their enclosures like kittens but I am taking a laser pointer and a camera to see if I can stir up some hilarious internet worthy cuteness for LOLIONS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Funny you should ask. I had dinner with my cultural companion on Friday and I mentioned the zoo. There is a new polar bear area neither of us has seen, so we decided that we would go today. It's supposed to be 50 degrees and partly sunny by 1 PM. I'll check on the other bears as well.

Although I've read that the big cats are more active in cooler weather, I don't expect them to be bouncing around their enclosures like kittens but I am taking a laser pointer and a camera to see if I can stir up some hilarious internet worthy cuteness for LOLIONS.

A laser pointer could be viewed as harassing the animals, and get you tossed out and barred from coming back, so I hope you're joking....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.