Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter and I played our second game this week, using random placement instead of the standard setup. We had a very firm grasp of the rules this time, and in fact, good enough that she even pointed out a small 'oversight' on my part where I tried to sneak a Flaming Sword into the hands of an understrength Level 1 Amazon (really, not on purpose!) to take out an adversary. I enjoyed this game more, with the new items, and the outcome was a bit more...to my liking...mwaaaaa haha haha haha haha devil

Here is her 9yo take on this session:

we played our second game of thunderstone today. at the beginning i realized that i had no good fighters so i could not destroy any monsters. most of the monsters were tough too!! they were 2 revenants and 1 ghost. and so i had to start going to town. my dad got a head of me and i could not catch up on how many monsters he beat.
i lost the game. i ended up with 39 points and dad with 46. it did not seem close like my last game was. i still give the game out of 5 stars.i had to many daggers in my deck. also to much maltia and rations. next game i am sure to beat dad!!!!!
our new heros were amozons squires and archers and dwarfs!! my favorite hero was the elf archer because it reminded me of Legolas from The Lord Of The Rings. LEGOLAS IS MY FAVORIE CARACTOR!! hahahahaha
THANKS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add a bit more detail...

We had a very tough start. The Revenant x 2 and the ghost were tough opponents to start a game with, and I took a strategy of using Trainers to help rapidly increase the skill of my Amazons and Dwarves (which I tried to scoop up as fast as possible). I also tried to get flaming swords and iron rations to help the build-up. My daughter got a bit carried away with the Archers and built her deck a bit too top heavy with support items, but eventually started to catch up, especially when we remembered that you can attack the dungeon and lose with a result of placing those tough annoying creatures on bottom of deck as long as you don't mind suffering side effects. This helped her, because in one battle, all her militia got toasted, which helped thin her decks of wimps that were holding her back.

I think we still have a lot to learn, but thats the great part of this game. Second game felt much different than the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's actually a pretty good initial draw. Not in terms of VP gains, but in terms of clearing decks of Militia. Revenant kills all Militia involved and if you're using Dragonspire rules, Ghost (it gives all -2 Str, right?) kills them as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.