Risk Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Spoilers in pictures of the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any policy about posting pictures that include elements of the game from the sealed packages? And are pictures that reveal too much going to be deleted? I have a few great pictures of the game in the more advanced stages of development with additional components myself, but I'm reluctant to post anything that might spoil things for other gamers in any way. How is this going to be handled for this game's image gallery here on BGG?

A 'spoiler' caption on a photo hardly seems adequate, because what is seen can never be unseen. So my personal inclination is that this is not going to be allowed, so as not to give away too much and potentially ruin something of the experience for people who are still discovering it.

The downside is that this would mean we'll never be seeing any pictures of how the boards of other personalized copies of the game turned out after the 15 game marathon, or great pictures of any cool new game components that join the game as a result of packages being opened - unless someone comes up with a good way to do this here on BGG without spoiling the experience for people who haven't played the game yet. And yet this is probably exactly the kind of thing that gamers who have completed shaping their earth would love to have access to, in order to see how the evolution of their world compares with that of others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there a way to post pictures in one's own gallery rather than the game's library? If so, then I think you can still include it in spoiler tags within a discussion thread. That way, people can see it, but the odds of someone stumbling across it is minimized.

If there are no personal galleries, then I am woefully misinformed about BGG functions that I don't use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gonzalez Rice
United States
New London
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a thread where we post photos from our own galleries, without linking them to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just post them under customized and put *SPOILER* in front of the caption. I doubt you'll see much without zooming in which you shouldn't do accidentally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.