mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be missing something, but all of the base tier pieces start the game on the board. The example on page 11, when the sled moves back to the
quarry, it states

Quote:
The player who nominated the pyramid stone to move, causing the sled to be emptied, chooses which new pyramid stone is placed on the sled (lower, middle or capstone)

Is it possible to place a lower in this manner?

The next example states:

Quote:
If Red had nominated (and successfully lifted) C instead, it would have been placed at D.

As C in this case is a base tier piece, is it possible for this to be on one of the lift sites. Earlier in the rules it states that base tier pieces move directly from the sled to the pyramid site.

While I think I understand the game, the rules are confusing. It seems as if the rules kept changing and nobody proofread the final rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

You are correct that in that the base pieces all begin on the board. There was a late change in the rules to start in a 3 player game with the pyramid a little on the way there. So it can never be now that there is a base piece off board.

I also agree with you that the example seems to show a base piece (it is larger than the other middle pieces) in the lifting area, and it says that it could have gone to a place with no base block. I'm going to have to guess that they meant for that to be on the quarry track and are saying that if that had been selected and pushed into place it would have gone into D, and then the rest makes sense.

I got rules for final proofing, and I remember reading that example, but I don't remember it showing those pictures. Maybe it didn't include the language (and successfully lifted), or maybe I missed it in proofing the rules. In either case I'm sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
i7dealer wrote:
Hello.

You are correct that in that the base pieces all begin on the board. There was a late change in the rules to start in a 3 player game with the pyramid a little on the way there. So it can never be now that there is a base piece off board.

I also agree with you that the example seems to show a base piece (it is larger than the other middle pieces) in the lifting area, and it says that it could have gone to a place with no base block. I'm going to have to guess that they meant for that to be on the quarry track and are saying that if that had been selected and pushed into place it would have gone into D, and then the rest makes sense.

I got rules for final proofing, and I remember reading that example, but I don't remember it showing those pictures. Maybe it didn't include the language (and successfully lifted), or maybe I missed it in proofing the rules. In either case I'm sorry.

No big deal. Thanks for the fast clarification. Looking forward to trying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the confusion is compounded by the statement in the example that block C is "lifted" into position D, which is also not true. The larger block should be shown on the sled track, and it is "pushed" into postion D.

This incorrect example is also repeated on page 9, which also shows a bottom piece in a lift camp, and speaks about it being "lifted" into a base position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.