9 Posts

Doom: The Boardgame» Forums » Rules

Subject: decent into madness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Banjo John
Denmark
flag msg tools
Are you asking or stating? - I guess you are asking...Of course you cannot attack three times, when you are not unloading. I see that the texts could lead someone to interpret it otherwise, but that is obviously not the way it's supposed to work. You can attack three times only when actually unloading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the Strategy forum to the Rules forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, I don't have the exact wording of the cards with me but I don't think the card is intended to trump marine abilities so I would say he can use such card anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. If the invader forces the marine to unload, the marine can still use his ground assault ability.
Note : it's just my interpretation. When facing this kind of question I always ask myself "what's the intended purpose of the card/effect/rule, does it make sense, is it realistic?". IMO the main purpose of this invader card is to force a marine to do an action he doesn't want to, not to negate his abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banjo John
Denmark
flag msg tools
The LC wrote:
yea asking, but no what im asking is can you use ground assaults effect in a situation where you didnt choose to unload.

I understand you now, but my point is still the same. Yes he can use it...If the marine is unloading, he can use it, otherwise not. If marine chose to advance, but invader played Descent into madness, making the marine unload, the marine can attack three times. Everything else would not make sense imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the question is, if the marine chose to Unload, and Descent into Madness forced him to Sprint, could he choose Ground Assault instead?

I'd say no: it's specifically for Unload actions only. Plus, the way it's worded indicates that it doesn't merely add its bonuses to Unload: it modifies what Unload does altogether. This would be problematic to apply to Sprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
I agree that ground assault is meant to modify the unload ability. The 3 attacks is an "alternate" unload move. Thus if the invader uses descent into madness to make the marine unload, the marine should be allowed to choose how he unloads (standard 2 attacks of 3 attacks 2 moves) since Descent into Madness determines the Marine's move action, but not how he uses it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.