Subject: 5-player variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one came up with (and have tried) a 5-player variant? I'm in deep need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see why you couldn't just add a fifth player in...? Of course it would probably be harder to score so I would suggest that you play to a lower score, or count the number of scoring monsters rather than their glory or something like that.

The only difficulty as far as I can make out would be from the quiddity and assistant dice that you would need in your bag. Perhaps you could just keep track on a piece of paper? Clumsy, for certain, but it would work. Unless one of your players also has the game and then you could borrow some dice. Or you might be able to buy some spares from the manufacturers, or make your own...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I posted a 5 player variant a couple months ago... scroll back a few pages in the forums and you'll see it. It requires the expansion, but you could probably do something similar with the base set.

The biggest problem with more players is that there are more attacks and so it becomes much harder to get a creature to survive in order to score. This slows down the game significantly.

I've seen several proposals to fix this but haven't been satisfied with any of them.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
igelkott255 wrote:
I posted a 5 player variant a couple months ago... scroll back a few pages in the forums and you'll see it. It requires the expansion, but you could probably do something similar with the base set.

The biggest problem with more players is that there are more attacks and so it becomes much harder to get a creature to survive in order to score. This slows down the game significantly.

I've seen several proposals to fix this but haven't been satisfied with any of them.

Chris

Thanks, I found your thread here! Seems to be a great idea to "only attack your neighbours".

Will try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.