Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To determine if a Hail Mary is successful you roll the Play and Ref dice. My suggested additional rules are:

if you roll Penalty on the Play die and Defense on the Ref die then there is a call of Defensive Pass Interference in the end zone. The ball is placed at the 1 yard line. If the offensive player has exhausted their deck, both players may retrieve and play a single card from the discard pile to resolve this play. The Offense may not call a quarterback sneak on this play, but they may attempt a field goal.

if you roll Turnover on both the Play and Ref die then the ball is intercepted in the end zone and time expires. This is relevant because the offensive player could otherwise attempt another Hail Mary if they still had 1 card left in their hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an interesting suggestion; I certainly have seen a defensive penalty give the offense an extra shot at the endzone from time to time. However, it should be noted that you cannot attempt a second Hail Mary pass in the same half. The rules state that it can only be called as the very last play of a half, so you only get the one attempt, regardless of whether you have 1 or 2 cards in hand when you call it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops, I skipped over the "absolute last play of the half" part of that rule. Thanks Bill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.