J H
United States
California
flag msg tools
I noticed the +5 influence you gain when becoming Rome Consul (or field Consul at +3, etc) does not go away when someone else is elected to that office... If you are re-elected to it several turns later, do you get another +5?

A few other brief notes, can a single senator have multiple consessions?

Also, the phase order on the forum phase is different in the rulebook, than it is on the reference card... Thoughts?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each time you are elected to an office, you gain the Influence from it. Doesn't matter if you've held the office before or not.

Each Senator can have as many Concessions as he dares.

What version of the rules are you referring to, and what are the differences?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'd meant the Revenue phase. Here's what my summary sheet shows (paraphrased):

1. Rebel senators pay for troops.
2. Each player collects for senators, faction leaders, knights, concessions. Govs may take provincial spoils.
3. Wealth redistribution.
4. Province development.
5. Personal contributions.
6. (influence gain described).
7. State collection, and paying for state troops/fleets.
8. (advanced rule, not currently relevant)
9. Gov term reduction.

In the rules, it shows the following:

1.06.1 Personal revenue
1.06.2 Rebel maintenance.

So, with just that as an example - if following the summary, one would pay for rebel maintenance before collecting personal revenue, (i.e., planning a turn ahead).

If going from the rulebook, it appears personal revenue is the first action in the revenue phase. It also has contributions listed as 1.06.53, slightly AFTER state collection, 1.06.5 - but again, on the summary sheet, it appears contributions BEFORE state collection.

And lastly, on a sidenote, thanks for the prompt reply. With such quick responses, I may as well ask - the rules state a consul basically can't reelect himself directly... Could he nominate another senate within the same faction? (Naturally he'd have the sweeten the paired nominee, otherwise everyone would disagree).

Thanks SO much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you looking at the AH edition or the VG edition? I'm not sure what changes they may have made to the Revenue Phase, but per the rules the Rebel Maintenance is after income collection. Of course, the rules have contributions to the state after state maintenance, but that is not the way it we've typically played as the game ends the moment the state goes bankrupt.

Regarding the consul question, it is the Senator who can not normally succeed himself. A Senator can succeed an outgoing consul from the same Faction though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Lamy
Canada
La Prairie
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazrack wrote:
I noticed the +5 influence you gain when becoming Rome Consul (or field Consul at +3, etc) does not go away when someone else is elected to that office... If you are re-elected to it several turns later, do you get another +5?

A few other brief notes, can a single senator have multiple consessions?

Thanks.

This is right you have the +5(+3) each time you receive an office. That is why the first consul is very powerful as he will receive the Censor at the following senate phase. If you start at 5 and gain 5 points 2 times, at 15 you're closing on the 21 for consul for life. That is why on the following turn, you should accept a minor prosecution. That is if you don't have a veto up your sleeve.

On the consession you can have as many as you want, but this guy is a big target for assassin and if he die for any reason, you funding is pretty much toasted.

Good luck on your game.

Anthares

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.