Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lightness?
Are all the actions really obvious or do you really need to think for the best choice of actions? In other words, Are there ever situations where you are not sure what is the best move?

Playing time?

Avarage playing time? I would probably play most of the times with three players.

Different number of players?

How does it work with different number of players? I'm mostly interested how it works with 3-5 players, especially with three players.

Replayability?
Do you like to play the same scenarios again? What are things that change each time you play the same scenario?

All answers are much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) There's always a huge amount of table chatter in our group. "Do you get that monster? Should I explore? Man, I'm not sure if I should use my daily now or save it. Shall we cancel this encounter card? If I do this, you can do that, and this is how we could prevail. Wait, ....". So yeah, a lot of choices! You can play really simple if you want, but don't expect a high win rate.

2) Initially over one hour. After all players are familiar with the rules and know most monster tactics, I'd say 45 to 55 minutes (depending on scenario and dice rolls).

3) The game scales tremendously well and offers nearly the same challenge regardless of the number of players. I often found that 5 players give you an advantage when confronting big "boss" enemies while we have the highest winning rate with two players. My favourite number of players would be three to four as it leads to many cooperative situations but won't take long between the turns of each player.

4) For me, it's HUGE! I've played more than 200 games already and many scenarios multiple times. It's often enough to change the Heroes to get a completely different feel. Other changes appear through luck in drawing tiles and cards. Our group's favourite scenario so far is The Siege of Darkness (Legend of Drizzt). A pre-built dungeon in which you have to close tunnels through which monsters spawn. It is completely different any time we play as the tunnels might be easier or harder to reach, the usual tactics often need to be reworked and the Heroes, of course, make a big difference, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
Lightness?
Are all the actions really obvious or do you really need to think for the best choice of actions? In other words, Are there ever situations where you are not sure what is the best move?

Playing time?

Avarage playing time? I would probably play most of the times with three players.

Different number of players?

How does it work with different number of players? I'm mostly interested how it works with 3-5 players, especially with three players.

Replayability?
Do you like to play the same scenarios again? What are things that change each time you play the same scenario?

All answers are much appreciated.

1- Sometimes its pretty clear the way to go, but it is always cool to bounce ideas with the group.

2 - I played a 7 ppl game yesterday. All but my wife and I were new to the game. It took 2 hours. We lost BTW.

3- It scales well, but if they are not fast desicion players, downtime with 5 ppl can get a bit noticeable.

4 - TONS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lightness? - Most of the time there are two or three different things you can try and the biggest decision point is how much risk you're willing to take.

Avarage playing time? - 60 to 90 minutes most of the time.

Different number of players? - Works really well with all player counts. With five players there can be a little downtime.

Replayability? - Extremely high. Each scenario can be played many, many times since the map, monsters and events are always different/in different order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Lightness? It is a light game.

Playing Time? Under 90 mins for 3 (normal) players

Different Numbers? I find 3 or 4 the sweet spot, 5 tends to drag on

Replayability? Yes I have played the same scenario more than once. I usually change the character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
evil bob
msg tools
mbmb
1) There are almost always situations where you are not sure what is the best move. It's pretty well-designed in a tactical sense, in my opinion.

2) I don't know how some people are so fast. It takes us 1 to 3 hours, and that's with a very good knowledge of the rules. Then again, we're very tactical and we have 5 people, typically. 3 players would go a lot faster than 5.

3) The main thing I've noticed between different sized playing groups is difficulty. In my experience, 3 players makes the game very hard and 5 makes it very easy. Your millage may vary.

4) I've only played the same scenario more than once on one occasion, and it was different enough to be worthwhile. In fact, many scenarios are fairly similar in their base mechanic, but the random nature of the game (and potentially different heroes) makes the tactics different every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1)Yes, but most of the time you simply attack and explore.
2)About 45-60 minutes.
3) Solo and 2 players is hard, I thonk 3 is the most balanced.
4) Yes, there is a ton of repalybility!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
Lightness?

From my experience with the previous two titles, and what people are saying about this 3rd installment, you should expect most decicions to be pretty obvious.
It is a very simple game in that regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.