Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Romain Kelfus
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's assume two adjacents hex : "A" which is under my influence and "B" an empty one.
May I influence "B" with the very disc I just removed from "A" ? during an influence action, considering I have no other connexion to "B"

This case happened last night during our first 5P game, when my friend intend to do this, I said him he can't cause theorically at the precise moment where the disc is removed from "A", the player has no more connexion to "B", so according to the rulebook : the influence action is not possible.

What do you think, did I get this right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it right. It's in the FAQ somewhere.

Edit: this is what I was thinking of.
Quote:
Q: Using the Influence action, I can move an Influence Disc from a hex to its neighbor through a Wormhole connection. May I move the Disc that created this connection in the first place?
A: No. If you move the disc, there is no longer a connection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
etherton wrote:
I'd agree with your interpretation. IIRC the influence action is defined as removing up to two influence discs and *then* replacing up to two influence discs.

Your recollection is wrong. The influence action is two influence disc moves. That can be two moves from hexes, or two moves to hexes, or one of each in either order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I get for replying to a rules question without double-checking the rules myself. Deleted my incorrect response for clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
By selecting the Influence action, you may move up to two Influence Discs. These moves may be:

• from your Influence Track or from a hex where you have an Influence Disc to a hex that does not contain an In­ fluence Disc or an enemy Ship and is adjacent to a hex where you have a disc or a Ship. The hex Influenced has to have a Wormhole connection to the hex where you have a disc or a Ship. In the example on the right, you could Influence hexes A and B.

• from a hex where you have an Influence Disc back to your Influence Track
After placing an Influence Disc, you may activate your Colony Ships to place Population Cubes on the Population Squares on the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
etherton wrote:
I'd agree with your interpretation. IIRC the influence action is defined as removing up to two influence discs and *then* replacing up to two influence discs.

Your recollection is wrong. The influence action is two influence disc moves. That can be two moves from hexes, or two moves to hexes, or one of each in either order.

I'd actually argue you are slightly wrong as well Ian. You can technically move both from two hexes and into two new hexes (changing the influence on four total hexes) if you never pull either disc back to your player board. It would be a rare situation, but if you had two backwater systems and you wanted to influence two ring I systems there might be an argument for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you're right. For some reason I thought that if you moved a disc from one hex to another it counted as two moves. I'm not sure why I thought that now -- it's probably from some other game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.