4 Posts

Lifeboat» Forums » Rules

Subject: Weapon using rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kotya kotya
msg tools
Hello,

The question is: do you have to use the weapon you already played? You cannot face it down, but may you say "I am not using the knife" during/before the fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kotya kotya
msg tools
kotya wrote:
The question is: do you have to use the weapon you already played?

And if yes,what about Flare Gun? Do you have to shoot it if it is faced up and you enter the fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's a definitive answer in the rules or the FAQ, but I would certainly say "no" to both questions. I suppose you would not want to use a weapon (other than the flare gun) because you committed to a fight before your secret love lined up on the other side (or your secret hate lined up on your side), and you can better afford to lose a health point or two.

The reason I'd say "no" is because any item you carry can be displayed, just so that the Kid can't steal it using his special ability. Showing a weapon also serves as a warning to anyone who might want to pick a fight with you. But just because you've shown (say) a water canteen doesn't mean that you have to drink it next time you're thirsty. By the same logic, then, I would say that a weapon you've shown does not have to be applied to a fight.

I am curious to hear what Jeff has to say, though; he's pretty good about answering questions posted here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to use a flare gun. You must use a face up weapon that is not expended. You don't have to use Liquid courage but if you've already used it this turn, you must continue to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.