Subject: Do allies/enemies block line of sight? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
In regards to ranged abilities, do other figures block the line of sight? The book only says walls I believe, but I thought I'd ask. I haven't played yet, but I imagine it would make the spawners really easy to take out from afar, since there's no way to intercept a shot or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other figures do not block LOS, only walls. Check out the smoke ability on the flinders or rifling rogue, that throws a wrench on that whole ranging from afar plan

Smoke basically makes that square block LOS and the figure in that square gains stealth. When a model with stealth gets targeted by a ranged attack it makes a DEX roll in which the stars are subtracted from the attackers range, if the attacker is out of range the attack fails.

So with proper positioning you cand add LOS blockers that are harder to hit with ranged attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K K
msg tools
That's why we houseruled it - Enemy models block line of sight (except for teleport) and LOS is measured the standard way (like other 95% games do it, from the centers of the hex).

It actually somewhat fixed the spawn point problem, also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.