Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am referencing from the Warriors&Traders_(EN)_RuleBook.pdf file.

Quote:
For two players to be able to trade, first a Trade Route must be opened by one of them.
The number of Trade Routes a player is allowed to open is set by the level reached on the Trade Technology path. Only the player opening the Trade Route is limited by his level on Trade technology. The other player must only control a Trade Center.

Only the "target" player needs to control a Trade Center? Does the "source" player also need to control a Trade Center?

Quote:
Monopoly is a passive ability on level VII of the Trade path. Once a player gets Monopoly, only the players that have this ability are allowed to trade with the bank and the other players.

How does this ability affect Trade Routes?
a) Monopoly player can trade with any player, ignoring Trade Routes
b) Monopoly player can trade with any player with which he is linked to via a Trade Route
c) Monopoly player can trade with any player that also has the Monopoly ability, ignoring Trade Routes
d) Monopoly player can trade with any player that also has the Monopoly ability with which he is linked to via a Trade Route
e) Some other interpretation?

Quote:
Whenever a player controls all the provinces belonging to his starting country (with or without Contested provinces), he or she may claim Unification. Unification takes place only during the Maneuvering phase.

Can I do this multiple times in a game? I'm guessing not? That is, I can't have three provinces, declare Unification, and get two more Actions and then follow that up on the next turn by taking a fourth country and declaring Unification again for three actions, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcjsuen wrote:
I am referencing from the Warriors&Traders_(EN)_RuleBook.pdf file.

Quote:
For two players to be able to trade, first a Trade Route must be opened by one of them.
The number of Trade Routes a player is allowed to open is set by the level reached on the Trade Technology path. Only the player opening the Trade Route is limited by his level on Trade technology. The other player must only control a Trade Center.

Only the "target" player needs to control a Trade Center? Does the "source" player also need to control a Trade Center?

The rules also state that the only players who may participate in the Trade phase are those having a Trade Center.

Quote:
Quote:
Monopoly is a passive ability on level VII of the Trade path. Once a player gets Monopoly, only the players that have this ability are allowed to trade with the bank and the other players.

b) Monopoly player can trade with any player with which he is linked to via a Trade Route
c) Monopoly player can trade with any player that also has the Monopoly ability, ignoring Trade Routes
d) Monopoly player can trade with any player that also has the Monopoly ability with which he is linked to via a Trade Route

D

Quote:
Quote:
Whenever a player controls all the provinces belonging to his starting country (with or without Contested provinces), he or she may claim Unification. Unification takes place only during the Maneuvering phase.

Can I do this multiple times in a game? I'm guessing not? That is, I can't have three provinces, declare Unification, and get two more Actions and then follow that up on the next turn by taking a fourth country and declaring Unification again for three actions, correct?

The rules also state you may only perform Unification once in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for commenting, Darrell.
DarrellKH wrote:
The rules also state that the only players who may participate in the Trade phase are those having a Trade Center.

Indeed, so it does, my mistake.
Quote:
Only players that control a Trade Center may enter the Trade phase!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

D

After rereading the sentence a few more times, D does seem like the correct interpretation. It also matches the info card which states that "Only players that have Monopoly may trade".

Edit: See Andrei's post below.

Quote:

Unfortunately, I can't find this in the rules but the game would be broken if you could do it multiple times. Although I suppose one could argue that you should be able to (thematically speaking). Consider if you had unified your country, it got destroyed, but then your descendents unified it again a few centuries later, but anyway... :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, this is indeed less than clear in the rule book.

The correct way is:
- only players who have Monopoly may trade with the bank
- only player who have Monopoly may trade with other players; the restrictions with having Trade Routes open and controlling a Trade Center still apply

So, if player A has Monopoly and players B & C do not, and there are Trade Routes open between any two of them, A may trade with B & C, but B may not trade with C. Also, B & C may not trade with the bank.

Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, I can't find this in the rules but the game would be broken if you could do it multiple times. Although I suppose one could argue that you should be able to (thematically speaking). Consider if you had unified your country, it got destroyed, but then your descendents unified it again a few centuries later, but anyway...

The Unification can be done once per game, for you starting country. Again, not very clear in the rule book.

From the flavor theme point of view, the time span of the game is not long enough for an empire to be built, to fall apart and to be built once again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.