Diego S
United Arab Emirates
abu dhabi
flag msg tools
Hey guys! This is my first session report and my first solo adventure with WoA. Ive played Adventure 2 a couple times with some friends, and I figure I would try out the solo

adventure now that Im fairly familiar with the rules.

For this adventure, Ive chosen Tarak, the half-orc rogue.
Im gonna start with the following powers:
Positioning Shot
Lucky Strike
Furious Assault
Tumbling Escape
Tornado Strike

Ive also drawn the Wand of Fear treasure card to start with.

Turn 1
Level: 1
HP: 8/8
Surges: 2/2
Items: Wand of fear
Monsters: none

Having fallen through the ground to the deep dungeon below, Tarak wastes no time and begins searching for an exit, for he knows he may not last long by himself in this wretched place.

Tarak explores to the north
As he scouts the new room to the north, a legion of devils perform a frenzied leap from the west. As if things weren't bad enough, through the darkness Tarak spots an Orcish archer to north!

The three legion devils approach Tarak with lighting speed and lash out the hero with their swords! They attack with such speed that all three inflict a wound. The orc archer, not to be left out, sends an arrow flying towards the hero. Tarak, still recovering from the legion devil onslaught has little time to move and takes a direct hit from the archer, causing two wounds.

Turn 2
HP: 3/8
Monsters: Legion devil (X3)
Orc Archer

Tarak remembers his training instinctively and tries to dispatch the devils with a tornado strike! Though weary from the attacks he is able to land two of the four blows, killing 2 of the devils. He needs to recover so he flees to the east.

As he runs to the unexplored room he stumbles into a Hall of the Orcs. As luck would have it, the orcs have been chased away by the ravenous bear that had take up residence in the Hall.

The remaining legion devil closes on the hero swiftly but fails to strike. The archer draws another arrow and lets it fly but only scores a glancing hit. The bear leaps at Tarak but tarak uses his tumbling escape to dodge the attack move out of range of the archer.

Turn 3
HP: 2/8
Monsters: Legion devil (X1)
Orc Archer
Cave Bear

Tarak needs to get the advantage so he uses lucky strike on the massive cave bear. Luck is on his side and the arrow pierces the bears skull, taking it out for good. The bear was guarding an Amulet of protection that will come in handy.

While fighting, Tarak spots a room to the north. The commotion draws monsters from deep within the dungeon and wandering Gibbering Mouther joins the fight near the orc archer. A Kobold dragonshield leaps out of the shadows in the room to the north.

The legion devil leaps forward again and this time his sword finds its target! The archer, now out of range, moves forward to set up his shot. The gibbering mouther oozes his way right behind the archer. The kobold calls out for help and an orc smasher comes from the room east of the kobold.

Turn 4
HP: 1/8
Amulet of protection
Monsters: Legion devil (X1)
Orc Archer
Gibbering Mouther
Kobold Dragonshield
Orc Smasher

Things are looking grim for the hero. Tarak, tries to fell the last of the legion devil with his lucky strike. Once again, luck seems on his side and the devil falls to Tarak's blade. The devil drops a dwarven hammer as he falls to his death. Tarak, desperate to find an exit explores to the south.

The dungeon trembles violently and the ceiling begins to collapse. Huge pieces of stone fall on Tarak, crushing him and burying him completely. the commotion alerts a duergar guard to the south.

The monsters witness the violent cave in and begin to think the hero is dead. The archer, mouther, kobold and orc all move closer to investigate. The Duergar Guard call for back up and a cave bear shows up.

Turn 5
Surges: 1/2
HP: 4/8
Amulet of protection
Dwarven Hammer
Monsters: Orc Archer
Gibbering Mouther
Kobold Dragonshield
Orc Smasher
Duegar Guard
Cave Bear

Tarak feels a surge of adrenaline as he digs himself out of the rubble. He is hurt and staggered from the near fatal cave in, but he moves forward towards the Duegar Guard, dwarven hammer at the ready. The lucky strike finds its mark and dispatches the guard. Tarak pries the dragontooth pick from the corpse.

The orc archer, once again within range, attacks! The arrow lands right on its mark and deals heavy damage. The mouther and orc smasher move in closer to the fight. The kobold moves up next to tarak. The bear roars and performs a leaping strike. The amulet of protection glows as the bear misses.

Turn 6
Surges: 1/2
Amulet of protection
Dwarven Hammer
Dragontooth Pick
Gibbering Mouther
Kobold Dragonshield
Orc Smasher
Duegar Guard
Cave Bear

Tarak stands his ground and uses the dwarven hammer with his lucky strike against the ferocious cave bear. The hammer hits and Tarak unleashes a furious assault to ensure that the bear is dispatched. The bear drops a wand of polymorph.

Pressure from the volcano below unleashes a concussive blast but Tarak uses his experience to completely avoid the explosion.

The archer unleashes yet another volley of arrows at the hero and only scores a glancing strike. The gibbering mouther, now within range, downs the hero with a feirce attack. The orc smasher moves in for the kill but sees the hero has already been knocked down.

Turn 7
Surges: 0/2
HP: 4/8
Amulet of protection
Dwarven Hammer
Dragontooth Pick
Wand of Polymorph

Gibbering Mouther
Kobold Dragonshield
Orc Smasher

Tarak wont be able to hang on much longer; he needs to find the exit. He feels a surge of energy giving him the strength to finish the fight! He flees to the east and shoots the orc with his lucky strike. The arrow lodges itself in the orc's eye, killing him instantly. Tarak loots a magic sword from the orc.

The path to the east reveals a corner with another duegar guard.

The archer, mouther and kobold close the distance on tarak. The Guard calls for help. A cave bear appears in the long halway, but at the end of the hallway, Tarak can see the sunlight beaming in from the exit. The exit is guarded by the Kobold Dragonlord, Meerak.

The orc archer misses Tarak, but the arrow ricochets and hits him for minor damage. The mouther attemps to attack but cant connect with the agile rogue. The kobold strikes with his sword and wounds the hero. The duegar guard and cave bear move closer to be within striking distance. Meerak marches towards Tarak.

Turn 8
Amulet of protection
Dwarven Hammer
Dragontooth Pick
Wand of Polymorph
Magic Sword

Gibbering Mouther
Kobold Dragonshield
Duegar Guard
Cave Bear
Meerak, Kobold Dragonlord

Tarak, desperate to escape the dungeon, charges at Meerak and swings his dragontooth pick using his lucky strike. The pick pierces the Meerak's armor and deals two wounds.

Tarak, so close to escape, is blinded by bloodlust, but his experience teaches him to control his rage and he is able to regain control from an otherwise dangerous curse.

The Orc archer, mouther, kobold duegar guard march towards Tarak to keep him from ever leaving this dungeon. The cave bear charges, but tarak is able to swiftly dodge the attack. The dragonlord swings his short sword but misses. Meerak wont let him escape and moves to the tunnel exit.

Turn 9
Amulet of protection
Dwarven Hammer
Dragontooth Pick
Wand of Polymorph
Magic Sword

Gibbering Mouther
Kobold Dragonshield
Duegar Guard
Cave Bear
Meerak, Kobold Dragonlord

Tarak lunges at the Dragonlord and swings his dragontooth pick with his lucky strike. It graces Meerak for a single wound.

This close to the victory, Tarak feels the blessing of Ancient spirits. The spirits of those who came before him gives Tarak the strength to perform a tornado strike again. The monsters can feel Tarak's eminent escape and push forward. The Orc archer makes a quick advance and moves up closer. With so many lucky strikes landed, it was only a matter of time before bad luck struck. Tarak could feel of a curse of bad luck fall upon him.

The orc archer makes another push closer to the hero. The mouther, duegar guard and kobold also press forward. the cave bear leaps at the hero again, mauling the life out of the hero. As Tarak takes his last breath, he looks up at the stairs to the outside world. Beams of light warm his face as he closes his eyes for the last time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Diego, great report!

A question - how did the trio of Legion Devils appear on the start tile on turn 1 together with the Orc Archer on the new tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
black arrow so i assume encounter frezed leap draw a monster place on tile attack.. maybe..name might be wrong..
how do you get these mini pics though they look computer not photoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego S
United Arab Emirates
abu dhabi
flag msg tools
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed it, Im not writer, but I did my best.

Quote:
A question - how did the trio of Legion Devils appear on the start tile on turn 1 together with the Orc Archer on the new tile?

Milarky is correct. As luck would have it, I drew the Leaping Strike encounter, which then made me draw a Legion Devil monster card...angry

Also, Milarky, I used TileSystem to keep track of the game on the computer while I played. I figured it would be easier to do it that way than to take pictures of the whole board every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah I see, haven't drawn that card very often myself. The monsters did well to ambush Tarak. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
how do you get these mini pics though they look computer not photoy

It's TileSystem using the Ashardalon TileSet, you can download here: Ashardalon TileSet for TileSystem. It's also used in all the PBF games you see.

I have a Drizzt Tile Set just waiting to be uploaded but for some reason BGG won't let me upload 5mb files anymore. Once that's settled, all 3 D&D games will have TileSets.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ellis
Canada
Vernon
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming is a lifestyle choice.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've totally been rocked like this. LOD made the game much easier and this hasn't happened since...but a little less fun I think..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.