Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone from Matagot reading this?

I just opened my copy of Cyclades, and I have TWO copies of the Chiron, but NO Medusa.

I've tried going to matagot.com, but the website is down. The www.matagot.com/cyclades page has no "CONTACT" link.

So any ideas?

Or does someone out there have TWO Medusas and no Chiron?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the exact same problem- 2 Chirons and no Medusa. After searching through some posts here I ended up getting in touch with Stefan Brunell (s.brunell at asmodee.com) and was sent a replacement promptly.

Interestingly I received another replacement almost a year later for the same parts (from France so my email to Matagot must have gotten through). So if you don't hear from anyone then GM me and I'll ship you my extra Medusa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to suggest that if you want to reach Matagot, you should try posting in the Matagot forum. When I went there to get a link, the first thread I saw was this one:

New point of contact for Matagot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that in North America the people to contact are Asmodee rather than Matagot.

With Matagot, you just need to be persistent. My copy came without an Athena god tile. I contacted them via two email addresses (contact@matagot.com and hicham@matagot.com), got a friend to approach them at Essen, contacted this guy via geekmail and put a message up on the Matagot forums.

If I remember correctly, it took over 1/2 a year, but in the end they sent me two Athena tiles separately (one came a couple of months after the first).

Throughout that time they did not get back to me to confirm that they had received my messages. So, as frustrating as that is, even if you don't hear from them, don't assume that you aren't going to receive your missing part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Contacting Matagot has been quite painful in the past, which is why I am now working with them to improve that.

I monitor the contact[at]matagot.com email address where you can send that kind of requests.

That said, for North-America, contacting Asmodee is the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The same problem?
Weird.

Thanks for your offer, and if I can't secure a Medusa, I'll take you up on it!

And thanks EVERYONE for contact help!

I genuinely LOVE this community.

You guys (term used in a gender nonspecific manner) are great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much, Sphere.

When I went to matagot.com , I kept getting a "website under construction" type message, en francais. And since I don't really speak French, I'm assuming that is the rough translation.

On a side note, just generally speaking, I really enjoy your posts.

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
matagot_contact wrote:
Contacting Matagot has been quite painful in the past, which is why I am now working with them to improve that.

I monitor the contact[at]matagot.com email address where you can send that kind of requests.

This is great to hear! I must admit to having been slightly wary about getting the expansion due to the time it took to resolve my problem with the original game.

Knowing that there's someone making an active effort to improve the communication means I'm more likely to pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I receive an email about this today, if you have any other problem you can use s.brunell@asmodee.com or my other email contact_us@asmodee.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to the Editions du company forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.