Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
And it worked

I had so much fun without using the cards. I was fully satisfied at the end.

I was playing four characters, I followed the basic rules nicely. When one character comes to a dead end on a tile chamber, I drew a search card hoping a secret door to come up.

I battle with a lot of monsters, (the skeleton, the goblin, the troll...etc) Some characters were lucky to get as few encounters as possible, others didn't. They gradualy keep getting wounded through out the game.

Krutzbeck had to go through the catacombs and came out on the other side at the treasure chamber, he was the first one there. I draw the dragon card and the dragon was awake. after suffering many wounds from encounters, He died from one single fire breath

Challara never made it to the treasure chamber, he had bad rolls and died eventually.

Hugo was the one that made it to the center and the dragon wasn't awake. he grab the loot of gold and made it out of the dungeon alive with a few lives left.

Lindel was the first player with the key and followed Hugo out of there since there was no way back to the corner he or she started.

at the end, lindel had the most treasure cards but it was Hugo that had the most gold with fewer cards (he had one card worth 3,000) and won the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the dice variant too, seems to keep the game moving nicely

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hall
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be playing soon, so I want to know.. which dice variant is this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean the Dice Variant is much too easy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
zorander wrote:

It's in the offical FAQ. The combat system in the rulebook was unpopular, so FFG released several variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
zorander wrote:

It's in the offical FAQ. The combat system in the rulebook was unpopular, so FFG released several variants.

Well, it's not in the FAQ itself, it's available as a separate file

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
mbmbmb
And I think this is the link:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

You need the official combat variants file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.