Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
These videos were made yesterday. You should be able to see how much better they are. If you don't know who mafalda and Horus are, please check this thread Our family just got a new member

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Oliveira
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a monster... those kittens are driving you crazy... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just showed my wife these vids and she thinks those little guys are super kawaii.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos to you and to everyone else who helped save these kittens. Did you end up adopting both, or did you get them together to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Join The Ravens of VGG- Wyrdstone, Gold & Glory Awaits!
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I should have listened to the warning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
かわいいの猫! They seem to be recovering nicely—congratulations! I love the semi-reflexive batting at each other's tails in the first vid. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I really hope you reconsider keeping them together. They've been through so much; I'm sure they're really depending on each other now. It wouldn't surprise me if one or both began to decline if you separated them.

I'm not an animal person (allergies), so I really don't understand how an apartment can be just fine for two cats but not three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Repeat to myself "I am not a cat person, I am not a cat person"

Cute cats. I hope you can keep them together also. They don't take up much space and usually hide under furniture when you call them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Please accept this "Cute Cat Of The Week" award on behalf of all global cat owners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
I'm not an animal person (allergies), so I really don't understand how an apartment can be just fine for two cats but not three.

That, I have no trouble understanding. My 3 bedroom house was adequate for 1 dog and 3 cats until I met RnR. His cat was aggressive toward my three, and my dog was aggressive toward her. We thought we had an end to these problems as everyone grew older and eventually moved on. Until (cue kitten jaws music) we brought Missy the Misbehaving Miscreant home this past summer. His aggressive cat was gone. Missy was not at all intimidated by the aggressive dog that we had to let go due to mobility problems a few months after she came home.

Missy is aggressively kittenish, despite being more than a year old, and attacks/plays with everything and everyone at the soonest possible chance. When we have game days, she will chase visitors around by their shoelaces as soon as they walk through the door.

This isn't so bad, since Missy is friendly about it. Earlier, RnR's cat was not at all friendly toward anyone - humans, dogs, cats. After a few months of attacking and drawing blood, we decided she had to live mainly away from the other cats.

It was tough, but we kept her mainly confined and heavily supervised if she was not. Even still, injuries occurred. It was a difficult few years, and I can absolutely understand if someone else didn't want to have to try to cope with the circumstances. Luckily for us, though Missy is also aggressive, it is in a much more playful manner that results in neither blood nor injury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It pleases me immensely that you took these kittehs into your home, and that they are happy and healthy (now) and feeling playful. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silvertongue
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh that tail obsession They are so cute! Have you ever seen them sit still for at least a moment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Re: Warning!!! IN HERE YOU WILL OVERLOAD ON CUTENESS
Banichi wrote:
I just showed my wife these vids and she thinks those little guys are super kawaii.

They are, aren't they?

amwiles wrote:

It is a matter of space. Cats are territorial creatures and unless they grow up together they will fight for dominance. We have a smal, 65m² apartment, my sister-in-law has an even smaller 1 bedroom house (40m² iIRC), as they grow older they tend to fight to see who is the boss. Aline and Caesar, when they had to start living together was painful, they would bout and fight for hours. They eventually got used to each other and started tollerating one another, but still, fights happened once every other day.

So far Bell has clearly demonstrated that she does not like the new intrusion on her lair. Every time I open the bedroom door Mafalda, which is the most adventurous one, bolt outside to explore. Everytime Bell sees her she hiss and get defensive. So far she hasn't attacked and I don't think that it will happen, but it will take quite a while and they will end up just tolerating each other. Keeping both would be worst.

I talked with my sister-in-law, and we know that even after separated they will be cool in a matter of days. When Bell had her own kitties, before she was sprayed, we gave one for each fraternity of friends, when they were about 3-4 weeks, and playing like Mafalda and Horus are now. They grew fine. It is just that they are so cute together, that saddens me to separate. Although we know they will be perfectly fine.

Orangemoose wrote:
Repeat to myself "I am not a cat person, I am not a cat person"

Cute cats. I hope you can keep them together also. They don't take up much space and usually hide under furniture when you call them.

They love now hiding under the bedsofa, although we think that in 1 week they won't fit in there anymore. They started ignoring the box we gave them as bed. Only Horus still like it, as he goes there to fight the box and scratch the pillow.

nadgamgee wrote:
Oh that tail obsession They are so cute! Have you ever seen them sit still for at least a moment?

Normally when I enter the bedroom. When not playing they curl up together to rest and they stay still for a couple of minutes. Last night I spent a couple of hours there while uploading the videos, Horus won't stop, mafalda from time to time would come to my feet\leg to stay there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Re: Warning!!! IN HERE YOU WILL OVERLOAD ON CUTENESS
CSoren wrote:
Kudos to you and to everyone else who helped save these kittens. Did you end up adopting both, or did you get them together to play?

We adopted one, my sister-in-law the other. They are here at our apartment for now healing from the surgery while she prepares her house for him (putting a safety net on the windows)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am overloaded with cuteness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.