Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cicero
Australia
Traralgon
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me if Cthulhu's "Dreams of Madness" affect Harvey Walters Max Sanity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes, it does, as does any other effect on his max sanity. His ability only protects his current sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Time Rocket wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Cthulhu's "Dreams of Madness" affect Harvey Walters Max Sanity?

They have nothing to do with each other.

I assume you are referring to Harvey Walters' Strong Mind, "Any Phase: Harvey reduces all Sanity losses he suffers by 1, to a minimum of 0."

This doesn't effect Harvey's max Sanity. It is 7 under normal conditions.

Dreams of Madness reduces your maximum Sanity, so with Harvey it is reduced to 6.

During the game, Harvey's current Sanity will vary between 0 and 6. If there is a reason for Harvey to lose Sanity then Strong Mind will help but current Sanity and maximum Sanity are two different things.

Edit: If during a game something causes your maximum Sanity to drop and your current Sanity is also at maximum, then your current Sanity will also drop to match your maximum Sanity. This will apply to Harvey as well. Strong Mind will not protect a Sanity loss in this case (becuase it is maximum Sanity that is being reduced and clearly your current Sanity can never be higher than your maximum Sanity).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cicero
Australia
Traralgon
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both of you for the quick reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.