Subject: Cards explanation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thierry Camprubi
France
Amanvillers
Moselle
flag msg tools
Mage Knight est excellentissime !! > Mage Knight is a blast !!
badge
Mon rêve ?...Pouvoir enfin jouer à WotR > My dream?... for heaven's sake, play WotR
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the entire forum to find an explanation of a specific card and wasn't able to find it.
What about a thread that would only discuss on cards explanation ?

So, to begin with, I'm not sure how one is supposed to understand the card
"Song of Wind".

The powered effect of this card allows you to :
- move 2
- pay a blue mana to move through lakes for a cost of 0
- have a reduction cost on some terrain

My question : I'm not sure how it should be played when paying the blue mana cost :
Assuming that i'm in front of a lake with forest behind and that we're in a day round...i play the white mana to get the powered effect ans the blue mana to get the move through lakes. Remember, this card gives me 2 move points. If i go in the forest behind the lake :
- do I get there for free (move cost 0 through lakes), and then i can spend my two move points ? OR
- do i get there for 3 (move cost 0 through lakes), 2 points comming from that card and 1 more to generate ?

In one word, the cost of 0 mentionned on the card, does it apply to the lake only or to the entire move ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It applies only to the lake. You may need to supplement with other move cards to get where you are going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmbmb
tcamprubi wrote:
I read the entire forum to find an explanation of a specific card and wasn't able to find it.
What about a thread that would only discuss on cards explanation ?
I was thinking about something like that for the last few days. How about a nice helping sheet/booklet with a few sentences to every spell/artefact/action card (like it comes with every Dominion box) ?
I think most of the cards could need a few extra words for their explanation - especially if they interact with other cards...

Maybe I'll find some time during the next days and start something like that...

What do you guys think - usefull or not needed at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John DeLuxe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
IIRC, powered Song of Wind makes plains, wasteland and desert cost 0 move. It also makes lakes cost 0 move if you pay the blue mana. Since forest isn't one of these terrain types, it costs the standard amount (3 day, 5 night). In your example, the lake costs 0 and then the forest costs 3, so you need 1 more move from another source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
beakachu wrote:
IIRC, powered Song of Wind makes plains, wasteland and desert cost 0 move. It also makes lakes cost 0 move if you pay the blue mana. Since forest isn't one of these terrain types, it costs the standard amount (3 day, 5 night). In your example, the lake costs 0 and then the forest costs 3, so you need 1 more move from another source.

A small correction here, it only makes plains cost 0 move

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ClockCat
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Maybe you were thinking Path Finding (Move 4. The Move cost of all terrains is reduced to 2 this turn.) combined with Song of Wind (Move 2. The Move cost of plains, deserts and wastelands is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0. You may pay a blue mana to be able to travel through lakes for Move cost 0 this turn.) ?

That would make all three of those zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.