Subject: Real losses. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 3 of the rule book it say in the examplethe soviets must wint the battle and inflict 3SP of real losses.

So what does this mean?
Does it mean his oponent loses three blocks?

I reckon turning the blocks, i.e. them taking losses that way, would not be real losses as the blocks are still there.

oh, will we be notified should new scenarioes become available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sagitar wrote:
On page 3 of the rule book it say in the examplethe soviets must wint the battle and inflict 3SP of real losses.

So what does this mean?
Does it mean his oponent loses three blocks?

From page 6:

7.44 Great Victory
Real losses are actual SPs removed from blocks.

That has been amended, however, so that removed garrisons count as well. See here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 SP of real losses means 3 SPs taken from blocks or garrisons.

So if there are 2 blocks and a garrison defending, and 3 SP of damage is inflicted, such that the garrison is removed, and the 2 blocks are each reduced by 1 SP, that would be 3 SPs of "real losses".

However, if there were just 1 block with 1 SP on an area, and the attacking blocks have enough strength to inflict 3 SP of damage, there will still only be 1 SP of "real losses".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Iunderstood real losses to mean you actually really lost a block rather than points.

I guess I could have found that out for myself, but I am one who goes through the rules and starts wondering about stuff.
Than when it doesn't seem likely that the question is answered in that section I go for the luxury of BGG.

Now, execute orders.
The player with the initiative decides who reveals and executes his orders first.
Now does this mean that if you decide your oponent reveals first, does that also automaticall mean he executes first to?
Or [an I realise this to me sounds illogical] can he decide to have the oponent reveal first and decide to be himself the first to execute.

That would give him an enormous advantage.
So I guess that probably won't be so, but better ask to make sure.

Hm... so you reveal and execute.
Does that mean that you reveal [say forced marches] and than execute them, after which your oponent does the same.
Or does it mean you reveal them, than your oponent does the same and than you execute them?

I really should try out the moves on the map, but the only table on which this beast of map wil fit, is now taken by another game so I must be patient and try and figure things out like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.