Hide
7 Posts

Rallyman: Dirt» Forums » Rules

Subject: jumps in zone P rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this was brought up previously prior to the release of Rallyman: Dirt (here: Jumping into corners?), but I just want to check my understanding of the rules are correct as there now are corners where you can jump into them at a high enough gear on Zone P (below)

1) If I'm travelling P1-P0 and hit the bump at the recommended speed, I'm going to crash, right?
2) If I'm travelling P8-P9 and hit the bump at the recommended speed, I'm going to land in the 2nd skidding space? (with the car rotating in mid-air?)
3) If I'm travelling P8-P9 and hit the bump above the recommended speed, I'm going to crash?
4) If I'm travelling P7-P2 and hit the 1st bump at the recommended speed, I'm going to land in the 2nd interior space?
5) If I hit the same bump 1 above the recommended speed, I'm going to land in the 3rd skidding space? (again, rotating in mid air?)
6) If I hit the same bump 2 above the recommended speed, I'm going to crash?

I think those are all right, but just to be sure ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If I'm travelling P1-P0 and hit the bump at the recommended speed, I'm going to crash, right? YES

2) If I'm travelling P8-P9 and hit the bump at the recommended speed, I'm going to land in the 2nd skidding space? (with the car rotating in mid-air?) YES

3) If I'm travelling P8-P9 and hit the bump above the recommended speed, I'm going to crash? YES

4) If I'm travelling P7-P2 and hit the 1st bump at the recommended speed, I'm going to land in the 2nd interior space? NO, on the first space

5) If I hit the same bump 1 above the recommended speed, I'm going to land in the 3rd skidding space? (again, rotating in mid air?) NO, on the second skidding space (bump 3)

6) If I hit the same bump 2 above the recommended speed, I'm going to crash? YES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric Larré
France
Bonnefont
flag msg tools
My avatar overtext might have something to say...
badge
You were expecting a clever overtext, didn't you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
what happens with the second bump of segment P7-P2, at recommended speed (4) and one above ?

At recommended speed (4) is it legal to land sideways in first halfsquare ?

One speed above (5), is it legal to land sideways in second halfsquare, just before the corner, or the only solution is sideways in the first skidding space of the corner ?

Thanks very much JC for this fantastic game, and for your help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
4) If I'm travelling P7-P2 and hit the 1st bump at the recommended speed, I'm going to land in the 2nd interior space? NO, on the first space

So I'm counting the 1st skidding space as the field I have jumped over? OK: thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcbouvier wrote:

2) If I'm travelling P8-P9 and hit the bump at the recommended speed, I'm going to land in the 2nd skidding space? (with the car rotating in mid-air?) YES

I find these two answers contradictory. Surely the case labled as #2 must be incorrect. If you hit the bump in the recommended gear you jump to the next space after the bump. In other words, you land in the 1st skidding space, not the 2nd skidding space. N'est-ce pas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
jcbouvier wrote:

I find these two answers contradictory. Surely the case labled as #2 must be incorrect. If you hit the bump in the recommended gear you jump to the next space after the bump. In other words, you land in the 1st skidding space, not the 2nd skidding space. N'est-ce pas?

Surely if you hit the bump in the recommended speed, you jump to the space after the one after the bump (so, in this case, the middle of the 3 skidding spaces)? It's only if you hit it less than that speed you move to the next one after the bump, the same as if there was no bump at all.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's my understanding (with the numbers corresponding to the gears):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmcke013 wrote:
Quote:
jcbouvier wrote:

Surely if you hit the bump in the recommended speed, you jump to the space after the one after the bump (so, in this case, the middle of the 3 skidding spaces)? It's only if you hit it less than that speed you move to the next one after the bump, the same as if there was no bump at all.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's my understanding (with the numbers corresponding to the gears):

Judging by the image it seems like you've got it right, but I would place the 3rd gear dice on the first drifting space in order to visualize what actually happens. I would describe your image like this:
You take the last interior square of the corner in 2nd gear,
you then cross the stream with a gas dice (2nd gear),
you then hit the bump in the recommended 3rd gear and jump to the first drifting space,
you then continue drifting with a gas dice (3rd gear) on the second drifting space
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.