Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the first pictures of the upcoming Zug um Zug Deutschland. I must confess this is rather disappointing: other than a nicer-looking map with the same graphic design of previous titles in the series, this one looks the very same map of TtR Märklin, with the same routes and colors but without the passenger mechanics! I really don't understand what is the aim of this edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the same map and routes as Märklin. This is a basic Ticket to Ride game designed only for Germany and Austria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you could play basic TtR with Märklin, too. You just remove passengers, merchandise tokens and passenger cards and voilà, this is it.

They didn't even change the white and purple trains back to blue and green, so this new version cannot even be used as base game for the TtR Team Asia map!

Why would someone choose ZuZ Deutschland over Märklin is beyond reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Re: First pictures from Nuremberg
True.

But this is just a basic TtR game. Not for TtR fans. A new basegame to attract new fans in the German/Austrian market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:
True.

But this is just a basic TtR game. Not for TtR fans. A new basegame to attract new fans in the German/Austrian market.

That would be true if in the German/Austrian market there wasn't already Zug um Zug Märklin available. If I were a German/Austrian customer and I could choose between:

- Zug um Zug Deutschland: I can only play it as a basic Ticket to Ride
- Zug um Zug Märklin: I can play it as a basic Ticket to Ride game AND as an advance version with passengers and merchandise tokens.

At the same price it still doesn't make sense to choose the new Deutschland edition over Märklin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also true.

I think they're marketing it as a gateway game. As a family starting to play, I'd rather have Deutschland than Märklin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would consider buying this map if it came as an expansion with Nordic Countries on the other side (NC is the only version of the game I don't own).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to get it, because I didn't care for the passengers, and I think the art design is much nicer than Marklin. I thought all of the extra rules were a bit much. I get the impression from the box back that the passengers, and thus passenger cards, and also the +4 locomotives are gone, replaced by a regular train deck, but it also seems like the routes are still separated since they have different colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The tickets, while still separated into two decks, must be different as the new game has more of them. Assuming the component listing on the game page is correct, it has 33 short routes and 29 long, where Märklin has 23 of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know, thanks. So it's not COMPLETELY playable with Marklin (which makes sense, as they'd not want to make an identical-but-worse product, plus you need to balance the lack of passengers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Fortuna
Poland
Kraków
Małopolska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GabrielGeek wrote:

They didn't even change the white and purple trains back to blue and green, so this new version cannot even be used as base game for the TtR Team Asia map!

Why do You think so? You need only 2 (for 4 players) or 3 colors (for 6 persons) common in both boxes. And you have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.