Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody!

We have now started a fund-raising project. We will be mass producing Wilderness within a few months! You all have the opportunity to pre-order the game by donating to this project. By doing so, you can;

1) Get the game cheaper than in stores
2) Get the game before it even appears in stores
3) Get the game sent home to you, whereever you live!
3) Get the metal tin figures hand-painted and sent home to you.
4) Help us greatly in this large project
5) Increase the status of the project, so that we reach more people!

Here is the project link;
http://igg.me/p/65738?a=370318
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested...but $95 price tag for international order is too steep for me.

But...regardless, the game looks interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the freight for individual games overseas is quite high. However, we will be at Essen -12, selling Wilderness and our other games. Also, thedistributor Alliance (US) will have Wilderness this summer, so you could ask your local store to order it from them.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
Really looking forward to this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There is another way to decrease shipping costs: if you (and your friends)order more copies of the game together. Then the shipping will be less per game. If you want to do that, then email us at:
info@fryxgames.se
and tell us how many games you want and where you live. Then we can calculate a custom contribution for you and tell you how much you need to donate for this special 'perk' (games + shipping).

Richard: It pains me that you all have to wait until the printing is done, but the wait will be worth it! We are now in the final stages of getting the cards and rulebook to be as good, clear and beautiful as possible.
On IndieGoGo we have released the improved artwork of one landscape tile. But wait until you see the new swamp areas...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Connolly
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
I won the 1993 GenCon DnD Open
badge
My Game Convention Logo
mbmbmbmbmb
are you going to be at GenCon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Elkurin wrote:
are you going to be at GenCon?

Most likely not, I'm afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tysoch Tysoch
Canada
flag msg tools
Definitely going to buy this one when I can get a hold of it! and sorry I checked out the indiegogo price for over seas and its a little to much for a starving student haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I can sympathize with a tight economy. I also think the shipping cost is very high overseas.

Wilderness will be available through the US distributor Alliance, so you can ask your local store to get it from them. The IndieGoGo price of 46$ is a discount, so I predict that the shelf price in US will be 60-70$ (hopefully a little less).

Wilderness is a perfect game for students though, not least because it's about surviving starvation...

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
/Jacob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jacob,

Nice of you to be active in the forums. It's always good form from the part of designers/publishers.

I was wondering what's the estimated retail price in Europe. $65 (50Euros) is a common price tag for "normal box" games. If that's the case, shouldn't you be giving away some sort of perk for people backing the project prior to release, reviews etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the price tag will be about the same (60-70$) as in the US. So our discount is basically eaten up by the shipping

What you (Europe) gain from supporting us on IndieGoGo is:
1) You get the game even before the stores get them, fresh from the factory.
2) You get the game delivered home to you.
3) You get a guaranteed price (who knows what price your retailer sets).
4) You get the game even if your store doesn't take it in. We have limited distributors in Europe - Wilderness may not be available in all countries.
5) You get the game before our stock runs out.

6) AND you get an immortalized thank you on our website! As long as FryxGames exists, your name will be listed there on a special Thank You webpage. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. The game looks really interesting, it's been in my radars for some time now, however getting the game early is not a big incentive for me.

I'll probably wait and pester my usual retailers for stocking some copies after the general release.

Thx for the feedback, all the best with your campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to add an important thing; If you buy several games at once (mail for more information to info@fryxgames.se), then the shipping cost per game will - of course - decrease. We are working now on a special extra discount for buying several copies). Keep in tune and you might find what you're looking for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have now added 2 perks to easy the burden for US contributors! If you order 5 games, we pay half the shipping costs. Ordering 5 copies therefore only costs 270$, or 54$ per game.

If you order 10 copies, we pay ALL shipping costs! The price is then 450$, or 45$ per game! We hope this helps!
http://www.indiegogo.com/Wilderness-A-Game-of-Survival?a=370...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one day left to pre-order Wilderness now. Help us reach reach our goal and get this unique game before the stores!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Goal achieved!

FryxGames would like to thank everyone who has ordered Wilderness from us. You're helping us to get this game out to the market where we think it deserves to be. You'll also have a very nice game to play with family and friends.

For everyone who missed this opportunity, Wilderness will be available at Essen 2012 and through distributors in the US and Europe. We will give a detailed list of our distributors when we have that information. As a small company, getting distributors may be our biggest hurdle...

At Essen, we will have some Wilderness extras (like hand-made figurines for example), so make sure you visit our booth. You can also help us by asking your local store to order Wilderness from our distributors when we announce them.

Thank you for your support and interest.
Jacob Fryxelius
FryxGames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.