Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: The Third Mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there no play testing put into this mission or are we playing it wrong?

We wasted 3-4 hours playing this twice, once with 2 characters and then a second attempt with 4 characters, but in each we just couldn't get enough treasures to win.

I know part of it is luck involved but it was just plain STUPID. "Explore and kill monsters HOPING they drop an item treasure and not a Use Immediately, so you can collect 12 treasures!"

We thought starting with 4 heroes (ie 4 treasures) would change things but it didn't. It was boring, annoying, and when sunset "trips" you start drawing 2 Encounter cards each Hero turn.

Were we doing something wrong or does this Quest just plain suck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI if you go to the company site for CR, you'll see that they have a clearer set of rules that you can download. It helps with this adventure, general rules in the game that are ambiguous, etc. To answer your question, lots of folks on here have expressed their frustration with this particular scenario. There are definitely better ones in the book, that's for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you meant Adventure 4? Adv 3 is the one with Klak, isn't it? Hard to see people not liking that one as Klak is often referred to as the most fun/interesting villain in CR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's very very hard, I think that this scenario should be named "Mission Impossible"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the worst scenario of the series however you decide to play it. Worth skipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
It's the worst scenario of the series however you decide to play it. Worth skipping.

Yes, skip. This mission made one of my friends swear off the D&D games entirely and he hasn't been willing to even try Ash or Drizzt because of this mission.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
This mission made one of my friends swear off the D&D games entirely and he hasn't been willing to even try Ash or Drizzt because of this mission.

I had the same experience with my brother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.