12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: What did you play this weekend rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
I was playing Dungeonquest and Dungeon Twister solo yesterday. I had a good playthrough on DQ but not so much on DT though because I didn't play for such a long time and I screwed up on the HP value on the chracters as I made combat against each other. I was looking at the wrong number
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playtesting a divisional scale tactical American Civil War game. We completed a bout in the Wilderness and were concentrating on the Union assault at Petersburg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
The weekend isn't over yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games of Belfort (Testing the new expansion)

A game of Ora Et Labora.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forbes

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingdom Builder - I have no patience for games like this. You know. Games where there's nothing engaging going on at all. Why would I want to play this when Through the Desert exists, or RFTG? I'd rather play Monopoly. First play, and probably never again, I'd rather just sit it out.

Ora et Labora - I do have patience for games like this, however. I'm coming around on Le Havre, and this just took Le Havre and shoved it off of a cliff. If I could play a game right now, I would.

Vanuatu - Another hit. Definitely on the nasty side with 5 players. The fight over the auctions for actions is intense in a good way, and the tight economy requires you play with some foresight.

Paris Connection - Not actually Paris Connection, but the original Winsome Games version (SNCF). This game is about as fun as you could possibly expect a 20 minute train/shareholding game to be. Impressive! I'd prefer the very abstract Winsome version over the overwrought Queen version linked to.

Chronology Junior - Junior? Eh, it's the same. Game where you make a timeline. It's a simple party game. Pick a card and read it to the next person. They fit it in their timeline. If they get it correct, they add it, and then ask the next player the next card. If they miss it, next players get a shot at the current one until it comes back to the initial person. Simple but surprisingly fun for a non-hobby game.

Cold War: CIA vs KGB - Decent game, though I feel it's a bit long for what it is. There's a little bit of strategy in the card play, and the roles are reminiscent of Citadels.

Blokus - Girlfriend got this and I taught it to her. Not my favorite, but it's good for the amount of time it takes.

10 Days in the USA - I had played 10 Days in Africa many times before. The layout of the US states is very different, The more even distribution of states across the map plus only having one of each state seems to make this significantly more luck based. In one game, I won in just a few turns with a few lucky cars. The second game dragged on for a long time due to the tiles the other player was holding. If you want a longer average game time, this might be better, but I prefer to get games like this over more quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus HĂžjslet
Denmark
Aarhus C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had 4 friends over, and we played a lot of games:
7 Wonders - We started out playing 2 games of 7 Wonders, since we waited for the last guy to show up, didn't win any of those =(
Citadels - When the last guy showed up, we started the game night with a game of Citadels.
RoboRally - For the first time, RoboRally came down from the shelf, and we had a blast... Think we played about 4 maps, again, I didn't win a game
Agricola - This is a rather new game in our group, and Im a huge fan of it... Still haven't won a game >.<
Carcassonne - The evening ended with a game of Carcassonne.

Think we played for about 8-9 hours, and I didn't win a single game... Oh well, I had a blast playing my games.

/hug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyrim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Took a few games over to the in-laws this weekend. We played 2 games of Takenoko, a game of Ascension, A game of Food Fight, and 2 games of Pente.

I gotta say, Takenoko is one of those games where, for some reason, I don't want to like it, but it just winds up being really fun to play each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Geuss
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
This weekend was all about the space 4X. My goal is to find or create a game similar to Eclipse, but doesn't take an entire evening to play.

We started with a yet unnamed demo of a space 4X I created. This worked surprisingly well for a first time prototype. Total time was about 15 minutes per player so it hit the mark there as well.

After that we played Ascending Empires, which is fantastic. I love the flicking and spacial elements. Its like playing Pool and a strategy game all in one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be interested in subscribing to this:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/456454/what-did-you-play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the Gates of Loyang

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ora & Labora - really enjoying this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.