Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kasper ten brinke
Netherlands
Groningen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In several topics I read that the playing time is shorter then it's father Dune. Can anyone confirm this and tell me what the estimated playing time is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Adamiak
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
grunnboy wrote:
In several topics I read that the playing time is shorter then it's father Dune. Can anyone confirm this and tell me what the estimated playing time is?

Weve played yesterday with learning rules for 3,5 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
grunnboy wrote:

Yes, about 3 hours, especially after you learn the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
grunnboy wrote:

Not bad we tend to play in 30-60 minute sessions (but can leave the Game set up)so we can get this done in a week(if a Game goes longer
we tend to lose interest).

Yes I pulled the Trigger & preordered ,I have Dune from back
in the Day & have no real interest in the TI3 setting (so it was a must buywhistle ).

Actually I like the Rex setting trying to take out a massive
seat of Empire city just is way cooler than takeing over a godforsaken
desert of a planetdevil

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that the playing time will vary widely, but not as much as Dune. I try to block out a whole day for Dune, all the while knowing it could be over in an hour nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
I suspect that the playing time will vary widely, but not as much as Dune. I try to block out a whole day for Dune, all the while knowing it could be over in an hour nonetheless.

Rex is capped at a maximum number of turns. So while the game could end earlier than that, it shouldn't go much beyond a few hours. But play style will impact it of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:

Rex is capped at a maximum number of turns. So while the game could end earlier than that, it shouldn't go much beyond a few hours. But play style will impact it of course.

Dune is capped at a maximum number of turns as well. Just a much higher number of turns (15).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
grunnboy wrote:

Hey, Brian... have you played it yet? Still waiting to get it here in Sin City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
holywolfman wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
grunnboy wrote:

Hey, Brian... have you played it yet? Still waiting to get it here in Sin City.

Playtested it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.