England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
If I drink Grog whilst at level 4, and then use Coffee to bring my intoxication level down to 2, do I need to make a faint check?!?!

Does coffee allow a players card to be flipped back over to the sober side?

Does the Lucky Charm still allow me to draw from the 'Draw Item Card' spaces, even though I skip the 'Draw Event Card' spaces?

Can I play two Lucky Charms simultaneously?

If I fail to fix a Timed Destruction Event, and the ghost marker passes the token, do I still manage to lower the same problem on the 'cubed' Disaster Track? Or is it a fail on both accounts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew loses (again)
Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - Yes, you make a faint check at level 2.

2 - I play it as yes.

3 - Yes, the lucky charm only affects disasters.

4 - I think so, since you can play multiple copies of other items and they stack.

5 - It's a fail on both counts, assuming I understood your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: I only have the original edition rules, not the new bigger-box edition.

zombiegod wrote:
If I drink Grog whilst at level 4, and then use Coffee to bring my intoxication level down to 2, do I need to make a faint check?!?!

Rules say: If a player played one or more Grog tiles during his turn, he must make a Faint Check for his gnome. The later section regarding the use of the Grog tile specifically says: Also, he must increase his intoxication level by one and make a Faint Check during the next Faint Check phase.

Under the "Item Tiles" section, it says: Players may only play item tiles on their own turn. However, an item tile may be played at any time during that turn, as long as it is played before any die roll that it affects is made. (emphasis mine)

They also say you can play as many tiles as you want.

zombiegod wrote:
Does coffee allow a players card to be flipped back over to the sober side?

Yes, coffee is the only way to sober up.

zombiegod wrote:
Does the Lucky Charm still allow me to draw from the 'Draw Item Card' spaces, even though I skip the 'Draw Event Card' spaces?

Yes. The Lucky Charm says you get to skip the Event spaces, which are differentiated from the Draw spaces in the rules under the "Phase 4: Updates" section.

zombiegod wrote:
Can I play two Lucky Charms simultaneously?

You can play as many tiles as you want before you roll any die on your turn. But the rulebook says for Lucky Charm: The active player may ignore the first three Event Markers he encounters on the Time Track this turn.. (emphasis mine)

Our interpretation has been like this: If you're going to pass six Events on the Time Track then you've almost definitely had to do something that required you to roll the dice. Since you had to play tiles before you rolled the dice, the Lucky Charm only lets you skip the first three. Playing multiple Lucky Charms would just be wasting them. You can't play one later in your turn to skip the next three.

zombiegod wrote:
If I fail to fix a Timed Destruction Event, and the ghost marker passes the token, do I still manage to lower the same problem on the 'cubed' Disaster Track? Or is it a fail on both accounts?

From the "Timed Destruction Events" part of the rulebook: A player attempting to prevent the event automatically fails if the Ghost Time Keeper passes the Destruction token.

However, the three Disaster Tracks are separate and different from Timed Events. You can keep trying to fix those until the gnomes are dead.

Hope this helps! Again, I have the first edition rules handy but I don't think any points here are different. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.