Santa Cruz» Forums » General

Subject: This game looks scrumptious rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, the pictures of this game are great. It kind of reminds me of the under-rated gem, Amazonas, in the look of it. So, when can I get this game??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The mechanics of scoring for everyone reminds me of Colovini's Go West!. Hopefully it works better than when it was used in Go West.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
The mechanics of scoring for everyone reminds me of Colovini's Go West!. Hopefully it works better than when it was used in Go West.

Hm. I will not be the one willing to find out! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Colovini have done a lot of games in which everybody scores at the same time, not only Go West. There come to my mind others like Alexandros, Clans and Familienbande.

By the way, sadly Go West is an underrated game and Colovini and underrated designer as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bravucon wrote:
Colovini have done a lot of games in which everybody scores at the same time, not only Go West. There come to my mind others like Alexandros, Clans and Familienbande.

By the way, sadly Go West is an underrated game and Colovini and underrated designer as well.

Well, without some kind of hidden knowledge, which colovini's don't have, it is easily to see the gap between players and how you have no way to win if it gets too big. Alexandros, ingenious mechanisms in that one, but that score track should've been hidden; I use hidden money to award vps to mitigate that "problem" (if you think it is a problem). Go West had a simple fix as well: getting that 3rd action token back, without everyone else having to have used their token.

So, I understand that the mechanism of everyone scoring is do-able, I understand it has its flaws too. So I hope this game has no flaws in that dept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel-André Casasola Merkle
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mb
On one hand knowledge what to score is hidden in the first round and not completely sure in the second. On the other hand this is not a majority game. If you can score depends on the places where you have been building. You have to steal the good spots. Space is sparse and it depends on your good planning wether you can reach the resources that count for scorings in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcel Casasola wrote:
On one hand knowledge what to score is hidden in the first round and not completely sure in the second.

That is promising to hear. Intriguing to see how it will come together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.