Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Alien Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unplaceable dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr Burzykowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When you have placed all your ships on the board and used any alien tech cards that you wanted to use, your turn is over.


May you choose not to dock some of your ships and park them in the Maintenance Bay? For instance, the only spot available is the Terraforming Station and you'd rather not lose that ship just yet.

If you are obliged to dock all your ships, what happens when you don't see the actions that would allow you to do so? May the other players or the tournament's judge help you find a legal combo and do you have to heed their advice?


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In partial answer to your question, according to Rulebook p. 6, paragraph 3:

"...but you must place all of your ships at orbital facilities on your turn if possible."


WMReed
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this scenario even POSSIBLE?

I mean: neither Solar Converter, nor Alien Artefact, nor Lunar Mine has any spaces left for you to place? I don't think so...

This question sounds very theoretical to me...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
I mean: neither Solar Converter, nor Alien Artefact, nor Lunar Mine has any spaces left for you to place? I don't think so...

It would only take 17 dice to fill those three (in a four-player game), so yes, it's possible. However, if you have five dice yourself you are certain to roll a run or at least one double.

locworks wrote:
If you are obliged to dock all your ships, what happens when you don't see the actions that would allow you to do so? May the other players or the tournament's judge help you find a legal combo and do you have to heed their advice?

If it's pointed out to you that you do have a possible move, then I reckon you should have to take it. Or another move you spot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
locworks wrote:
Quote:
When you have placed all your ships on the board and used any alien tech cards that you wanted to use, your turn is over.


May you choose not to dock some of your ships and park them in the Maintenance Bay? For instance, the only spot available is the Terraforming Station and you'd rather not lose that ship just yet.

If you are obliged to dock all your ships, what happens when you don't see the actions that would allow you to do so? May the other players or the tournament's judge help you find a legal combo and do you have to heed their advice?

With the exception of the terraforming station I do not think there is a downside to any other placements, and even then, you're getting a colony so that's not a bad thing.

What you're more likely to find is that you have ships you could dock somewhere but you have insufficient resources to utilize the facility.

So, if a docking is possible and you have the resources needed, if any, then I'd say you cannot hang back and dock at the maintenance bay.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this whole situation is constructed and will not happen in a game...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Burzykowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
With the exception of the terraforming station I do not think there is a downside to any other placements, and even then, you're getting a colony so that's not a bad thing.


Other prejudicial placements may require you to discard a tech card (e.g. Shipyard available, no resources, discard Orbital Teleporter to move own colony on Herbert and dock ships)

CleverMojo wrote:

So, if a docking is possible and you have the resources needed, if any, then I'd say you cannot hang back and dock at the maintenance bay.


Ok. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Burzykowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wmreed wrote:
In partial answer to your question, according to Rulebook p. 6, paragraph 3:

"...but you must place all of your ships at orbital facilities on your turn if possible."


WMReed


I missed that. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.