6 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: LOVE this game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
frankie m
msg tools
Hello everyone,

I am new to board games and stuff, so when I heard that one of my favorite comics (the walking dead) had a board game that wasn't very interesing, I was kinda sad. I then found this website and LNoE, and ohhh boy. I bought it yesterday and my gf and I have played 5 games so far (she has won every time, AHHH).

The reason I am posting is because while I have only scratched the surface, being new to board games and LNoE, I feel kind of overwhelmed by the total amount of additional content. I know that everyone recommends growing pains and survival of the fittest as the next add-ons, but is there anything else that we can try before shelling out another $40 for the expansions? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are enjoying it that much, you'll get your money's worth and more out of the expansions - certainly Last Night on Earth: Growing Hunger, although the others have variable value for money, the web specials being especially expansive for the content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried Flying Frog's free web scenarios? At least two of them use the content from the original game only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
frankiem wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am new to board games and stuff, so when I heard that one of my favorite comics (the walking dead) had a board game that wasn't very interesing, I was kinda sad. I then found this website and LNoE, and ohhh boy. I bought it yesterday and my gf and I have played 5 games so far (she has won every time, AHHH).

The reason I am posting is because while I have only scratched the surface, being new to board games and LNoE, I feel kind of overwhelmed by the total amount of additional content. I know that everyone recommends growing pains and survival of the fittest as the next add-ons, but is there anything else that we can try before shelling out another $40 for the expansions? Thanks

Growing pains? You mean Growing Hunger? LOL. Welcome to your LNoE addiction. I'm hooked on this game as well. I don't have "Growing Hunger" yet, but soon...devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frankie m
msg tools
LOL, i didn't even catch that. Growing pains sounds so much better in my situation though. GF and I played our first 4 player game with two other people who haven't played before and we (humans) got stomped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cain Ericson
msg tools
All I can say is that if you enjoyed the base game, you will love the expansions with all the new heroes, scenarios, game pieces, cards, etc.

With the expansions my gaming group we have only included portions of them at a time so as not to get over-loaded with all the new content. We still havn't tried everything yet.

The expansions have made it possible to play all the scenarios with many different options, and along with 16 different heroes to randomly choose from you get a different game each time.

If money is an issue I would consider getting used expansions from this site or E-Bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.