Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mustering Ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Crook
msg tools
mb
Can a ship in port in Winterfell Raid the 'adjacent sea' Shivering Sea?
I would say no.
Can a ship in port in Winterfell Support the Shivering Sea?
I would say no.
Can a ship in port in Winterfell March to the Shivering Sea?
Again I would say no.

So why is it that some say it is legal to muster a ship into the Shivering Sea from Winterfell?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Easy, you may muster ships in any adjacent sea area (not just the area the port is facing), as long as no enemy ships are present there.

In effect, a ship mustered in Winterfell may be placed in 2 different sea areas or the Winterfell port.

Hope this helps.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
richcrook wrote:
Can a ship in port in Winterfell Raid the 'adjacent sea' Shivering Sea?
I would say no.
Can a ship in port in Winterfell Support the Shivering Sea?
I would say no.
Can a ship in port in Winterfell March to the Shivering Sea?
Again I would say no.

So why is it that some say it is legal to muster a ship into the Shivering Sea from Winterfell?

Page 25 of the rules describe how ports work. "Ports function as a special area between the land and sea area they connect."

All applicable port effects can only be applied to the bordering sea area. The Winterfell port only borders the sea area "Bay of Ice".

Winterfell itself borders the Shivering Sea, and according to the mustering rules on page 9, the Shivering Sea is a legal target for ship mustering from Winterfell.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
econtra wrote:
Easy, you may muster ships in any adjacent sea area (not just the area the port is facing), as long as no enemy ships are present there.

In effect, a ship mustered in Winterfell may be placed in 3 different sea areas or the Winterfell port.

Hope this helps.

Hmm, I only see two sea areas plus the port (Bay of Ice and the Shivering Sea).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Crook
msg tools
mb
Ok I had read it that Ship must be mustered in a port or may be mustered to an adjacent sea to that port.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Haggis wrote:

Hmm, I only see two sea areas plus the port (Bay of Ice and the Shivering Sea).


That's all I see, too.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1197083/a-game-of-thrones...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quite right, my bad. 2 areas + the port it is!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.