Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy last Saturday and play it for the first time yesterday. Overall it's a great game and the components are stunning. Love the artworks, the suffering plastic tokens and the pets.

The burrow boards shape are unique but when we played it, it's kinda hard to maintain on screen since it always not entirely stick to folded up. Sometimes it need to be hold down. And if we played it often, there is a big possibility that the flipped edge will eventually wears out.
I guess a custom player screen is needed.

Concerned about the print out paper on the cardboard tokens, it's quite hard to punched them easily and often ended up torn on the edges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Tretiak wrote:
You only need to keep them up when creating the imp groups. That only happens 5 times during a game. There is no other hidden information except during that step.

edit: clarification

Yeah that's my point. You need to flip on off the screen minimum 5 times in a game. I wonder how durable the board is after several plays.
It won't last forever...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Allen
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played about 15 times now, primarily 2P, and the boards we use in 2P games are certainly 'looser' along the fold lines than the other two. They're not badly worn though and certainly no sign of them tearing anytime soon.

I agree they won't last forever. You could just cut some strips of cardboard, put to creases in them to make the sides, and give them out for people to hold during imp-assignment (similar to the screens in Tigris & Euphrates). That would save folding the burrow boards and risking damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Mulholland
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With my younger sons last night (since they're none too gentle), we just used a couple of empty game boxes we had around. We carefully stood them up in front of their burrows, and thus it didn't require any folding for them. It seemed to work out well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In some prototype pictures you can see the boards are actually separate pieces. In my case, even if the joint wears apart, they will still be fully functional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're worried about the burrow boards becoming detached after mucho use, my suggestion would be .... continue using them until they become detached and then just use the detached bit as a removable shield.
I can't see a point in adding a new component as a removable shield, as that would be superflous. You could always detach that bit immediately to ensure a clean cut, if you wanted to make sure your boards remained in the best of health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.