Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Tanner
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me start by saying I purchased SQK & FB from a seller on the Geek and my game group has a blast with it!

Now my question-How exactly do the auctions work in the Folsom expansion? I know the rules say that each player chooses ONLY 1 gang member for the auction and the winner gets the result.

Our dilemma is this: with the tie-breaker visible and only one member being allowed to be chosen for the auction, you pretty much know who is going to win/lose the auction before it takes place, especially if the player with the 1st player token is in the auction.

Are we doing something wrong/missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The auctions don't have a ton of depth. It is as simple as you stated. Just a one gang member incident and the tie breaker is only turn order. So it can be as simple as knowing the start player could win. The only depth to this quick auction being that you are not entirely sure if the start player will invest a gang member. He/she would probably do it if he/she really wants the prize (or doesn't want it in case of "Showers.")

It's rather basic quick blind bid. But in testing sometimes the player you thought would obviously go for it doesn't do it because they really need the one guy for a better investment.

Definitely do the blind fist bid. Not a call out auction. Not sure if that's clear in the rules with the game.

thanks for the question,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tanner
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.