6 Posts

DungeonQuest (third edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Streamlined Game Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quack pop
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hi all, along the trend of Combat Dice cutting out the unnecessarily long sequence of Rock Paper Scissors to determine a random outcome, Ive managed to figure a way to cut out all the other frills and unnecessary bits that drag the game altogether!

This variant aims to minimize set-up time and condense the essence of the gameplay.

In the DQ(3rd ed) box you are given four 6 sided dice.

Each player takes one die and rolls it once.

The player with the highest die total wins the game. (re-roll ties)

Hope you enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Complete rubbish. Do your damn research.

In addition to all players rolling a d6, roll a d30 for the game. You only win if your roll is the highest out of the players AND higher than the d30 result. Otherwise, you all die.

And no namby-pamby re-rolls - in the event of a tie, everyone dies regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
birdman37 wrote:

In addition to all players rolling a d6, roll a d30 for the game. You only win if your roll is the highest out of the players AND higher than the d30 result. Otherwise, you all die.

And no namby-pamby re-rolls - in the event of a tie, everyone dies regardless.

LOL. I like it.

Imma get some specialized d6's with various treasures on the faces and nice big, firey red d30 for the game. Maybe I'll even print out a small play mat witht wisty dungeon images to roll on. I'll call it "Dungeon Quest Express."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicely done!! LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's use a D20 for end game as they are easier to get and the odds will be close enough.

Starting the first round with the 1st player, each player rolls 2D6 in turn order.

On consecutive rounds, in turn order, any non-dead players may re-roll any of their eligible D6es.

Die results of 6 cannot be re-rolled.
If any of the players die results is a 1 they immediately die after rolling.

The last round is triggered the first time any player's dice show 66 or when there is only one player left alive. Players finish out this round in turn order.

After the last round has completed, check the value of the remaining players. Only those players with the highest dice value remain alive and may try to escape the dungeon.

To escape the dungeon roll the D20. A result higher than a player's dice total is death to all and nobody wins. A result equal to or lower than a player's dice total means that the player(s) escape the dungeon.

The winner is the player whom escapes the dungeon.
If more than one player escapes the dungeon (This can only happen when multiple players' dice result in 66 on the last round.) the players fight over the treasure by rolling their two dice and comparing the totals. The player with the higher total is the winner. If there is a tie the player with the higher single die wins. If there is still a tie all players kill each other and nobody wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Bonfand
France
flag msg tools
From my experience I would rather have all player roll a D6.
Every player rolling less than 7 die.
Surviving players get a gold medal for cheating their way to victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.