Eamon Bloomfield
Germany
23569 L├╝beck
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the eighties I was fortunate to visit Sid Sackson at his house in New York almost every year. On one occasion he had a more than usual number of games stacked on the available floor space in his study. They were all SPI games and I knew Sid didn't care for such games even though he wrote a regular review column in SPI's Moves or Strategy & Tactics magazine. So, naturally, I asked him why all these games. He said that it was SPI's way of saying "Thank you" for a task he had carried out for them. They were stuck on how to end a game of Spies, keeping it balanced and Sid came up with those rules, for which they were grateful.

Some good of it came my way. Sid reached over and grabbed the top six games and told me I could have them. I cannot remember all the titles but I seem to recall a boxed Highway to the Reich was amongst them. I do remember that the seventh game, and thus not passed to me, was the monster Victory in the Pacific!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I do remember that the seventh game, and thus not passed to me, was the monster Victory in the Pacific!

Probably needed a doorstop...whistle

Great story BTW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.