Core Worlds» Forums » General

Subject: Is the game doing well and when will we see the expansion! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fellow gamer was asking about an expansion in our game yesterday and I agreed with him, can't wait for the expansion. This game is rapidly becoming a favorite of ours, its fantastic. In our last game we both tied in the final score and had to go to the tiebreaker, which I won.

I hope the game is doing well and an expansion will be announced sooner rather than later...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it two player, three player, and four player in the last ten days. It's been great every time, and it's currently one of my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
I've played it two player, three player, and four player in the last ten days. It's been great every time, and it's currently one of my favorites.

I have had the same experience, it scales excellently from two players to four players. I will say though 5 players seems a bit of a slog, and can take a long time, but anywhere from two payers to four players seems great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring on the expansion! Those extra icons need to be useful somehow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
A few 2-player games over the last few days, today's our first 3-player game. Looking forward to it! But I'm already of the opinion that this game is rife with opportunities for natural expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to the expansion here as well. I really think this game marks the start of deckbuilding 2.0 where you build a deck to actually DO something instead of pretending that a mechanic *is* the whole game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biernath_John wrote:
Bring on the expansion! Those extra icons need to be useful somehow!

...and maybe we'll see the purpose of such a large box!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, bring out the expansion, dudes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add my voice to the chorus - I played it yesterday and found it to be a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Coggins
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested to know how well this game is selling. It seems that there are a good majority of people on BGG that have been playing it since release and it has received great reviews.

I for one, love it. My wife and I have had a blast playing it over the last few months and has become one of our favorites.

I remember a post a while back where the designer mentioned the expansions already being ready to go, but they were waiting to see if the game would sell well enough to warrant publishing the expansions.

Come on Stronghold!! We'll all buy them, I promise thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.