Subject: Nürnberg rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Runtime Error
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A small preview from the German Tric Trac: http://de.trictrac.net/news-das-gute-bauchgefuhl.php .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes cum Grano Salis
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"It's not hard to design a game that works, the real challenge is making one that people want to play again and again."--Martin Wallace
mbmbmbmbmb
For those non-German speakers, here's what Google Translate says the relevant Urbanization section contains:

Quote:
A game design also planerisches Johnny Ebsens is urbanization . We are expanding our towns, develop advances such as plow, phone and microchip and look for help from people such as Mayor or broker. And all that just to move forward as possible in all areas of our settlement, because, as known by Knizia ( Euhprat & Tigris, Samurai or Ingenious ) counts only the weakest area. You already notice anything from the game description, I no longer get along. Just my gut feeling from Thursday: Oh, that sounds hot, I want to play. Believe me and my belly. We are two very thick namely each other.

As much as I'd love to believe this reviewer's belly, I'm guessing Google Translate misread the German idiomatic expression for "gut instinct."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runtime Error
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Google translations are always a mess... Yes you are right: "Bauchgefühl" is "gut feeling" with "Bauch" being the "belly" ("gut" being "Darm"; you wouldn't say "gut" feeling in German).

He says something like: "Trust me and my belly. We are very good friends".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Pack
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Watched the BGG video. Right up my way with theme, and sounds like interesting mechanics. I'm still very intrigued and considering purchasing... but little concerned if it's too "busy" or "fiddly".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.