Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In my current game I stumbled upon this great combo... I was very lucky to have the stars aligned in an amazing way...

Today I'm at the beginning of the last turn of a solo game, after the conquest, and I already had 3 "last turn"! I had to stop playing, but I'll return to the game tonight, I'm pretty confident to have 2 more "last turn"!

The situation: Goldyx is in the red city, he conquered it on the previous turn and got plenty of crystals (8).

In his hands:
- Magic talent
- Tranquility
- Heroic tales
- other cards

Skills:
- the one where you can spend a mana to boost a sideway card to +3 or +4 if the colors match
- others

Spell offer:
- Space bending / Time bending
- 2 others

So I think okay, I got enough influence, I can get an artifact, and now I play Magic Talent to play Time bending from the offer. At the end of the turn I proceed to recover my cards, except the one discarded for Magic Talent, and then it hit me. Magic Talent goes back to my hand. Time bending stays in the offer!
I said wow, I can do it once again, until there is no longer black mana in the source! And then I play (again!) tranquility and draw Mana draw! Boink!
At the end of the third turn, I'm mana short, I reroll the 2 dice I used (mana draw), I roll blue and white, that means 2 more turns (at least)!

Emergent gameplay at its peak!

I think there is another way to make a time machine, provided a good source of mana: Time bending (obviously) + Meditation/Trance + Tranquility.

I imagine the scene, after the conquest, Goldyx goes to the leaders of the town, and is so convincing with his heroic tales that they offer him a precious artifact. Then he does his time trick and goes to the leader of the town and convinces them to give him a precious artefact. Then time trick again, leaders, blah blah, thanks for the artifact. And then, having spend all his crystals and the source being exhausted, he goes away in the rising sun, having accomplished the Great Time Robbery ! On the city's walls, the city's leaders look at the fading silhouette "Say Winston, don't we know this gentleman already?"
How cool is that?

Great, great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you add the night tactic '6-Sparing Power' to this combo it can become even more powerful. Your hand size to use and recover can become quite large when you plan for it. However, I never tried it using the Magic Talent spell so I only got two turns of use from the Time Bending spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
if you stay on a glade its even easier because you get a free black mana every turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
if you stay on a glade its even easier because you get a free black mana every turn

Now this is just wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another thread on this combo from December

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, didn't see it, I thought I was the new doc Brown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris wrote:
Sorry, didn't see it, I thought I was the new doc Brown

Someone else must have used time machine to appear to post it before you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this was the first post... the other guy just went back and time and posted it in December so it appeared as though he was first - stealing the thunder...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, you're real friends

For the record, I ended the game. Alas, I made a mistake and succeeded to steal only 3 artifacts in 4 consecutive turns.
Not bad but, i rolled back and changed one slight thing: instead of playing tranquility right away to take in hand some horn, I waited until I first take the new artifact, which was the sapphire ring. Obviously, with a steady source of blue mana it went much better, especially when the following artifacts to take were diamond ring and endless bag of gold! (remember I had mana draw in hand to get black mana).

So without this small tactical mistake, Goldyx would have had 9 consecutive turns and would have stolen 8 artifacts from the red city! He could have had more turns (until he have no card to discard to the magic talent) but there was no point in having turns to do nothing, or to sac artifacts (for black mana) just to get artifacts.

Talk about serious butterfly effect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.