Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Brombacher
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi I'm a little confused by the 2 player production wheel

for instance:
Grapes are supposed to debut on turn 8 and Stone on turn 13,

however the illustrations on the board indicate the grapes appear around turn 10 and the stone doesn't appear until after the second go-round which - means stone is only in play for about 2 rounds because the (E) space is right after it.

Am I missing something? Are there more turns in the 2 player game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toasted Jones
United Kingdom
Rugeley
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two player game does not have a pre-determined end turn, it will go way past the stone marker as most of the buildings need to be built before the game ends, which can take a long time. The amount of buildings not built depends on the game variant you are playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Note on the wheel some of the letters have one pawn next to them and some have two. In the two player game, use only the markings with two pawns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be looking at the wrong board and not the 2p version. Make sure the board has a little image of two people on it.

You are correct in the next part of your post. In 2p, grapes come into play closer to the end of the first full rotation, and stone doesn't come in until the second rotation.

The 2p game isn't set rounds and unlike the 3-4p there is no round "e". The 2p game goes until there is only one single building (not including settlements) left that to be built.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brombacher
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks that helped.
I played last night - very long 2 player game - could be my new fave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.