Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just cracked open a starter set and started playing. The gameplay seems pretty fast and fluid, but I felt like I was missing something.

Each turn, there's a "start player", and all of the other players take their action after them, right? So, on my turn, I would do assembly and collect ISK, then my opponents would do assembly and collect ISK. Then, I would draw a card, and my opponents would draw a card, and so on. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Gagnon
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
No.

Player A does all his phases then Player B proceed to his turn.

By the look of it, it seems you have a core set starter. Cause I just checked both rules sheets (Core and Exiled) and Exiled is worded in a much better way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick is right. Players alternate taking complete turns.

What does however alternate after each step and phase is initiative. But initiative is a rather advanced topic used to solve tricky timing issues. If you're just starting out with the game you'll probably be fine by remembering this: At the end of each phase and step (except Draw phase) when ever one player has done any actions the other player may react to it by playing News cards or execute abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.