Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridge calls for two very specific resources, while grocer lets you use any resources. Usually you'll have a couple extra goods lying around from earlier in the game. I've seen people fawning over bridge...but I don't see it. Convince me otherwise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
Bridge calls for two very specific resources, while grocer lets you use any resources. Usually you'll have a couple extra goods lying around from earlier in the game. I've seen people fawning over bridge...but I don't see it. Convince me otherwise!

I feel like, in those two short lines, you've kind of exhausted the topic. laugh

The Bridge has a better VP return at the cost of specific inputs. The Grocer has a reduced return counterbalanced by open input. They are both powerful buildings. They are both round-3 buildings, which means they will be used only once by their owners in most games, and on rare occasion, twice. Players will rarely be choosing between them, and if they were, it would be based, as you say, on their own goods as well as on the usual turn-order implications.

I frankly don't see how one is, in some non-situational, general way, more powerful than the other. They are both strong endgame tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Grutz
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's all about whatever is available to you. In our games it seems like if you get either the bridge or grocer, you get to use it once or maybe twice, because the 3rd round goes so fast. So I wouldn't base any strategy on the needing either one. It's a bonus if you can get on of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.