Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zeppelin rules!
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a successful Resupply roll is made how is ammo replenished? Is there a specific table to roll on or is there a set amount of ammo recieved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I cannot find anything in the rules, I would assume a successful resupply means you get a normal allotment of ammunition, and not anything extra as in the beginning of the game where you roll for any extra ammo you might have to carry in addition to the normal load.

I'll keep looking for errata, but there is no mention of this rule in the General, Volume 25, #3 that cleared up a lot of Patton's Best rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeppelin rules!
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recieving ammo at the beginning of the game is also an area I had trouble with. I just gave myself 30 main and 10 MG plus any extra I rolled. I just bought this game at a flea market last week($20 What a deal!) and there is a few areas where I'm confused. The good news is its a solo game so I just figure out a solution that seems fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaseRussett wrote:
yeah, I agree with Mr. Kovacs. Note on the time use table the word "replenish". According to the dictionary, that means "fill" or "to resupply fully." I do, however roll for extra ammo. I consider it as being ordered/choosing on the spot to load up whatever I can stuff in there. Hey if the truck drove ALL that way, just to bring it...Also, in the game it notes in section 28 for the campaign game you can accumulate ammo from day to day. Th MG ammo optional as noted in the ammo rules.

Yep, I also agree with rolling for extra ammo when replenishing during the game - the ammo truck isn't going back with any ammo on board.

The tank cards state how many main gun rounds each tank can carry - you might be a little short with only 30 main gun rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Interesting topic this.

The Time use table specifies "Replenish Ammo", which I would understand as replacing the ammo stock used so far...

E.G. If you started with 55 HE and 42 AP for the day, you would replenish up to these amounts, so you again had the same amounts going forward, as you had at the start of the day ( 55 HE and 42 AP ).

Perchance you may opt to adjust the exact types and amounts replenished if you so wish ( within the appropriate tank / ammo type limits ). E.G. change to a total of ( say ) 50 HE , 45 AP and 2 WP. I see nothing wrong in this.

However, rather than always rolling for extra Ammo at each resupply, you could either :

a) Restock any extra ammo, using the same basis as the basic ammo restock ( above ) - do not apply the opt. here though. Also note that if you were not given extra ammo, then there would be no restock of it!

or :

b) Only reroll for extra Ammo, if you had been "given" it at the begining of the day.

I would include the "option" noted above, at a replenishment of the basic ammo resupply, and use choice a) above re extra ammo.

[ Always rerolling for extra ammo at a replenishment seems somewhat "wrong" to me, but if you are ok with it then go with it. ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waging_war wrote:
I just gave myself 30 main and 10 MG plus any extra I rolled.

The 30 Main (+ 10 MG ) is the maximum extra Ammo you can voluntarily carry ( and is inclusive of any extra Ammo you are required to carry ). You still need to supply yourself with the normal capacity amount ( generally 97 Main ) before the other ( extra ) ammo is rolled for / considered !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.