Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Salm
United States
Buena Vista
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can this game be played solitaire? I'm looking for a cycling game that I can play solitaire and was hoping this game would fit the bill. After looking over the directions, I'm not sure it would translate too well to solitaire play.

Thank you,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill

I have been playing the game solitaire (for the most part), enjoying the season replay aspect of the game, trying to put myself in the position of a team manager (directeur sportif) and make the appropriate decisions at a particular stage of each race. In many cases, it does come down to the "form" die roll in terms of which of a number of equally highly rated cyclists might be favored to win a particular race. I recommend playing with the 12-section races to cut down on playing time, although longer races of 16 to 20 sections do make the game seem more realistic. It's probably #1 in terms of the most played cycling game in my collection, at least for the past year or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Salm
United States
Buena Vista
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

Thanks for the reply.

In many cases, it does come down to the "form" die roll in terms of which of a number of equally highly rated cyclists might be favored to win a particular race.

I liked this aspect of the game. With the form rating being determined by the dice roll, this aspect of the game is perfect for solitaire gaming. My other big problem with cycling games is my lack of familiarity with the sport. I have followed the TdF from afar since the days of Greg LaMond but it's hard to find the right cycling game because a lot of times it is the sport itself that loses me.

Thanks,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Corbella
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new solitaire cycling game, WielerSIM, by Ludo Nauws, will be available as a free print'n'play game in a few days (possibly next week).

The game will be available at Ludo's (dutch) website: http://www.wielerbordspellen.be
and at http://www.cyclingboardgames.net/

A new version of the also free print'n'play Keirin solitaire game will also be made public at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.