Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PolluxPolaris wrote:
Does anyone feel the new boards make it too easy to defend?

Nope. I won my last game of Wiz-War in 3 turns on the new board (both victory points from treasures).

I think the combination of 3 Magic decks you use have the biggest impact on game length.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PolluxPolaris wrote:
foxtrot2620 wrote:
PolluxPolaris wrote:

Nope. I won my last game of Wiz-War in 3 turns on the new board (both victory points from treasures).

I think the combination of 3 Magic decks you use have the biggest impact on game length.

One game doesn't really prove much in wiz-war.

Yet you started this thread because of one long game that you had...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
foxtrot2620 wrote:
PolluxPolaris wrote:

Is this possible? When you pick up a treasure, you have to end your turn. To win in three turns this way would have to mean that your three turns were (1) pick up a treasure, (2) drop off treasure and pick another treasure, and (3) drop off a treasure. The most spaces you can move in a turn would be 9 (the base 3 plus 6 energy).

So I guess this might be possible, but it seems unlikely. I don't doubt you won quickly, but three turns seems really fast. How did you do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am up to about 15 games so far and haven't noticed that the games are going longer. The majority of my games are ending with 1 wizard kill and 1 treasure in the homebase which is obviously a change. We had some pretty long games with the Chessex version as well.

On the plus side, if you are finding the games too long and believe it has something to do with the boards then flip the boards and use the original layouts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
foxtrot2620 wrote:
PolluxPolaris wrote:

Is this possible? When you pick up a treasure, you have to end your turn. To win in three turns this way would have to mean that your three turns were (1) pick up a treasure, (2) drop off treasure and pick another treasure, and (3) drop off a treasure.

That is exactly what I did.

cagriggs wrote:
So I guess this might be possible, but it seems unlikely. I don't doubt you won quickly, but three turns seems really fast. How did you do it?

Astral Projection + Teleport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
foxtrot2620 wrote:
cagriggs wrote:

Astral Projection + Teleport.

Ah yes, I forget about the cards. Nice! The other players must have been shocked when it was all over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sutterlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
My wife started getting devious with that tresure so I put walls up around her home base. How did she respond. Fireball, Acid Ball, Lightning Bolt and not one but two thornbushes with no teleport in site for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sutterlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
^Oh this is too good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jolly
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I try to avoid playing in games with that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.