Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy organizing my games and having all the pieces sorted well for quick easy setup. I was curious if anyone has found where you can get the more premium smaller zip lock baggies that come in most games to sort pieces? Also any good stores you have found for plano boxes or other nice little boxes that work well for organizing games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wal-Mart has a bunch of stuff in the craft area that might work. I'm pretty sure they have the baggies, and they have a few different storage boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCarroll
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
Check out my reviews at www.nerdbloggers.com
badge
Hi!
mbmbmbmbmb
I get mine in bulk through ULine:

http://www.uline.com/BL_208/2-Mil-Reclosable-Bags

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of Hobby Lobby stores in Arlington Heights. You want their jewelry bags. They come in three sizes.

Try this one:

Hobby Lobby
223 E. Northwest Hwy.
Palatine, IL 60067
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I throw one or two different sizes into my boards and bits orders.
So www.boardsandbits.com for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thosw wrote:
There are plenty of Hobby Lobby stores in Arlington Heights. You want their jewelry bags. They come in three sizes.

Try this one:

Hobby Lobby
223 E. Northwest Hwy.
Palatine, IL 60067

These are exactly what I use. All three sizes come in handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't checked out hobby lobby yet so looks like I will be headed there tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I found some great small multi-compartment plastic storage bins at the Container Store that fit inside the board game boxes without trouble:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/collections/hobby/divided...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michaels Craft Store and JoAnn Fabrics have all of that as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
Wal-Mart has a bunch of stuff in the craft area that might work. I'm pretty sure they have the baggies, and they have a few different storage boxes.

Must vary by store - I've looked through the craft area at my local store and have never seen anything of the sort, in fact I started using "snack bags" from the grocery aisle that have been a pretty good size.

Also, I haven't had a chance to go check it out yet, but Harbor Freight's web site says they have this for $4.99, which looks like it could be excellent for holding bits (24 of the 1-7/8" boxes with snap lids, inside a larger box):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mostly use the three different sized baggies from Hobby Lobby and Walmart carries a decent selection of Plano boxes in the fishing section which work quite well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Really Useful Boxes are also nice. I use a bunch of the small ones for Le Havre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
I started using "snack bags" from the grocery aisle that have been a pretty good size.

Zip top snack bags are my go to for storing components. They are cheap and easy to find and large enough to accommodate quite a few bits.

While they don't feel as sturdy as some of the other storage bags I've seen for game components, I've never had one split on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a bag of baggies from the craft section at walmart last month. They definitely aren't as high quality as the ones that come in RGG or GMT games. They don't pull apart very well-- the plastic strains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drug dealers....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Drug dealers....

i was gonna say that. laugh

im a huge fan of plano boxes. i have almost all my games organized in them.

saves TONS of time for setup.

to find out what plano box you need, you can check the image uploads for the individual game. sometimes it'll say what the person used.

i find this to be helpful so you can store the plano box in the game itself.

the only one i have that isnt like that is Mansions of Madness.
I got a bead box from Michael's, which fits everything except the 4 largest minis and the cross puzzle piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

Must vary by store - I've looked through the craft area at my local store and have never seen anything of the sort, in fact I started using "snack bags" from the grocery aisle that have been a pretty good size.

Also, I haven't had a chance to go check it out yet, but Harbor Freight's web site says they have this for $4.99, which looks like it could be excellent for holding bits (24 of the 1-7/8" boxes with snap lids, inside a larger box):

that looks like it would be great to hold quarrior dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Parker
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:

It can indeed. I use a bunch of the smaller boxes for Arkham Horror tokens. Unlike the organizer boxes I've seen others use, this allows me to hand the stamina and sanity (and a couple other) boxes to the person who's setting up character sheets, hand a clue box (they don't all fit in one box, sadly) to the person who's setting up the board, hand the doom token box to the person who's handling the Ancient One, and so on.

The only downside is that quality control is a little lacking. I find that not all of the little boxes snap shut reliably. But for the price, I haven't really found that such a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
Uline is good if you want to order in bulk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Jones
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fly Eagles Fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a bunch of stuff there too. Definitely recommend them if only for the wide variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.