Mark Rivera
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Boardgames in Blighty Reviews – Existenz: On the Ruins of Chaos from Quantuum Magic B.V. @Chaos_X610Z

Last year, at the UK Games Expo, I had the opportunity to meet up with Patrick Ruedisueli, the designer behind Existenz. Patrick had sent me an earlier copy of Existenz the collectible card game to have a look at and as I wasn’t familiar with collectible card game mechanics, I struggled to learn it. I liked the look of the game but I just couldn’t get my head around the rules. We exchanged emails and had a couple of skype conversations and I expressed my view that I thought the game just wasn’t accessible for noobs like me.

Interestingly enough, Patrick and colleagues came to Expo to show their prototype of their new take on their game. An entry level version with 4 complete card decks, updated artwork and components. And it all looked fantastic. The guys really took feedback on board and had decided on a different approach. This new version was aimed at introducing people to Existence: On the Ruins of Chaos in a much more user-friendly package. No need to buy extra booster packs (although you can if you want), much cleaner and understandable rulebook, etc.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.